We found another photo of Wimpy's taken by Ken Steinhoff in 1966.
The restaurant/grocery store was located at the northeast corner of Kingshighway and Cape Rock Drive across from Arena Park.
Farmers and Merchants Bank became interested in buying the property in 1973. It remains a bank today with a branch of First Missouri State Bank at the site.
Bill Lewis moved Wimpy's to South Kingshighway, where the business switched to serving breakfast and lunch only, until he closed the doors for good in 1997.
Original Wimpy's: nickel burgers
Wimpy's Last Stand
Advertisement: Feb. 25, 1967 Southeast Missourian Achievement Edition
Growing with Cape Girardeau for 25 years...
Wimpy's began business in 1942 across the highway from their present drive-in market at Highway 61 at Cape Rock Drive.
Throughout the years Wimpy's has been noted for first class service and quality foods. That's why people keep coming back to the...
"Home of the Famous Wimpyburger"
Now with 3 convenient locations...
Wimpy's Restaurant, Broadway and Henderson
Wimpy's Skyway, located at Cape Municipal Airport
Wimpy's Drive-In restaurant and supermarket, Cape Rock Drive
Owned and Operated by Wimpy's, Inc.
Frank Lewis - Freeman Lewis - Bill Lewis