- Mary Kempe, longtime librarian (10/26/16)
- Seeds of Cape County health unit (10/24/16)
- Cape police classroom 1960 (10/19/16)
- Bill Coomer, magician (10/17/16)1
- 'SEMO Red' university mascot (10/12/16)1
- GOP's Spiro T. Agnew visits Cape Girardeau (10/10/16)
- Football rivalry: Jackson's Webber vs. Central's Waller (10/5/16)
Frony shot this picture from a Missouri Highway Patrol helicopter. It was published in the Dec. 14, 1959 Southeast Missourian.
This view of the Highways 61-25 intersection at Jackson reveals a "hurry up" scene. The car turning to the right was in a big hurry and left his tell-tale skid mark, while the car turning off Highway 25 at the left did not make a full stop before entering the eastbound lane of Highway 61. During the day several citations were issued after violations had been spotted from the air and relayed to Patrol cars. During the day several citations were issued after violations had been spotted from the air and relayed to Patrol cars.
Jackson High School is at the top of the photo.
Here is a previous blog with a photo Frony shot from the helicopter while over Cape Girardeau. The blog includes an audio slideshow of his aerial work as he talks about nearly falling out of an airplane.