- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
H.C. Jones Drug store in the Cahoon (or Grissom) building, southwest corner Broadway and Spanish. (Published SEMO Drummers' Association souvenir edition, 1914)
A sign on a third floor window reads: Cape Girardeau Business College. A sign on the second floor reads: H.E. Alexander, Lawyer.
March 24, 1916 Daily Republican
The ladies of the Presbyterian church are going to have a market and white sale in the Cahoon building Saturday. They are already displaying some mighty pretty articles, which will undoubtedly be sold in a hurry when the sale opens tomorrow morning.
May 12, 1916 Daily Republican
The Ladies' Auxiliary of the Sons of Veterans will give a euchre next Wednesday afternoon at their hall in the Cahoon building on Broadway, starting promptly at 2 o'clock. Admission, 10 cents.
Oct. 25, 1924 Southeast Missourian advertisement
Fine income property, corner of Broadway and Spanish St. The Cahoon building, three-story, fireproof. Special terms. Property increasing in value yearly. Rents $285 per month. Bowman Bros. Realty Company.
May 20, 2007 Lost and Saved
Dr. Milton A. Grissom, a dentist, built a three-story brick building at 201-203 Broadway, on the southwest corner of Broadway and Spanish Street, about 1910. The building featured display windows with transoms and a setback entrance. The building housed Grissom's dental office, photographer George Sims and other businesses. Grissom also constructed a three-story flat directly south of the Grissom building in 1910, where his family resided on the third floor. In April 1915, the Grissom building, the three-story flat and the building to the west of the Grissom building were purchased by B.B. Cahoon Jr. of Fredericktown. The building soon became known as the Cahoon building. Over the years, the building housed various businesses, including H.C. Jones Drug store, Pop's and Mom's Cafe and Cape Girardeau Business College. The building was razed in the late 1980s, and the lot is currently green space with a rose garden.