- Mary Kempe, longtime librarian (10/26/16)
- Seeds of Cape County health unit (10/24/16)
- Cape police classroom 1960 (10/19/16)
- Bill Coomer, magician (10/17/16)1
- 'SEMO Red' university mascot (10/12/16)1
- GOP's Spiro T. Agnew visits Cape Girardeau (10/10/16)
- Football rivalry: Jackson's Webber vs. Central's Waller (10/5/16)
G.D. Fronabarger made this photo of the Golden Troopers drum and bugle corps from American Legion Post 63 being welcomed home as they returned Oct. 18, 1951 to the Legion Hall in Cape Girardeau from a trip to the national American Legion convention in Miami, Fla.
A future classic movie was playing that night at the Broadway Theatre.
Excerpt from May 2, 1984 Southeast Missourian:
The Golden Troopers, named for their golden uniforms, were formed in 1928 and continued in existence through 1939. They were disbanded in 1940, as World War II loomed, then were revived in 1949 and continued through 1953.
On eight different occasions the corps won the Missouri American Legion drum and bugle corps championship. It participated in numerous national Legion contests, its highest rank coming in 1950 when the corps was fifth nationally at Los Angeles.