- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
The Cape Girardeau Northern railroad which was built by Louis Houck ran through two underpasses. One at Good Hope street, in front, and another at Morgan Oak street, behind it, no longer exist.
The railroad bed is now the site of the two-block, brick-paved Fountain Street extension from William Street to Morgan Oak near the River Campus of Southeast Missouri State University.
This picture by G.D. Fronabarger is looking south from William Street, in foreground. The date is unknown.