- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Employees at United Oil Co. can be seen wading in floodwaters as deep as 2 1/2 feet from heavy rainfall that covered the property on Kingshighway at Independence Street on July 15, 1958. The lower photo is looking north from Independence Street and shows the overflowing Cape La Croix creek.
G.D. Fronabarger took these pictures at dusk for the next day's Southeast Missourian.