- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
There was a time when Cape Girardeans looked forward to winter and freezing temperatures so they could go ice skating on the lagoon at Capaha Park, as seen in these pictures taken by G.D. Fronabarger in 1961.
This activity is not permitted today.
Aerators are now used to control algae in the summer and ice skaters in the winter.