Council advances ordinance to let residents keep chickens in Cape9The Cape Girardeau City Council voted 5-1 on Monday to allow chickens to be kept on any property in the city limits, despite opposition from some residents of the Red Star neighborhood. Ward 6...
Maintenance work for Cape's Main Street1A Fronabarger Concreters crew prepares to install a section of 18-inch sewer pipe Monday as a downtown sidewalk and lighting project gets underway at Main and Themis streets in Cape Girardeau. The...
- Cape school board OKs purchase of $128,000 radio system 2
- Jackson OKs pact with uptown organization
- Wallingford bill aims to block St. Louis abortion ordinance dealing with discrimination 10
- Serial thief apprehended outside of home being burglarized, police say 1
- Man threatened Menards security officer with stolen knife, police say 4
- Business notebook: Website connects customers to area organic farmers
- New formulas may lessen illegal herbicide use 3
- A lifetime collecting
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit
- Area residents among those attending inauguration, women's march 90
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old 5
- Domestic-assault suspect accused of kicking two sheriff's deputies 1
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths
- A message from heaven
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed
- Chicago Trump signs that were taken down have gone missing
- Seekers of phone sex keep dialing Irish town in error
- Police: Burglary suspect left keys, cellphone at the scene
- 10-year-old boy drives to store, speeds away in police chase
- Cab driver praises John Elway, then learns he's driving him
- Explosive announcement of baby's gender earns man a ticket
- Former employee who took Vienna tram for joyride apprehended
- MISSOURIAN ROUNDUP: Advance boys basketball cruises into conference tourney semifinalsSix players scored for the Advance boys basketball team and five of them were in double figures as the top-seeded Hornets easily downed eighth-seeded Richland 80-46 in the opening round of the Stoddard County Activities Association (SCAA) Conference tournament after dominating middle quarters on Monday at Bloomfield High School...
Jackson wins SEMO Conference wrestling tournament by surprisingly comfortable marginBy all accounts, this shouldn't have been Jackson wrestling's year to bounce back to the top of the SEMO Conference. After graduating eight seniors,...
Behind another team effort, Southeast Missouri State men's basketball knocks off Eastern IllinoisFor the second straight game, Southeast Missouri State men's basketball coach Rick Ray was left no choice but to describe his team's success as a...
Southeast Missouri State women's basketball feels absences, falls to Eastern Illinois 71-62Key personnel is still missing for the Southeast Missouri State women's basketball team and will be for some time, and it's clear the Redhawks are...
Scott County Central boys basketball team holds off East Prairie in conference tourney finalBENTON, Mo. — Winning championships seems to come with ease for the Scott County Central boys basketball program, but there was nothing easy about...
MISSOURIAN ROUNDUP: Notre Dame boys basketball edges Saxony Lutheran to keep winning streak aliveSenior Blake Bauwens busted a 3-pointer at the buzzer as the host Notre Dame boys basketball team dealt Saxony Lutheran its second loss of the season...
Scott County Central boys basketball advances to final with 91-64 win over Scott CityBENTON, Mo. -- The Scott County Central boys basketball team scored early and often, and Scott City had no answer to slow the Braves, who never...
MISSOURIAN ROUNDUP: Notre Dame girls basketball gets revenge with 50-41 win against JacksonLexi Welter posted a double-double with a game-high 16 points and 10 rebounds as the Notre Dame girls basketball team did not allow Jackson to spoil...
'Batman v Superman,' 'Zoolander 2' lead Razzie nominationsNEW YORK -- The much-derided superhero clash "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" and the far-too-late comedy sequel "Zoolander 2" are leading...
Lewis receives 4 literary awards for 'March: Book Three'NEW YORK -- Rep. John Lewis is having quite a run in the literary world. The American Library Association announced Monday the Georgia Democrat...
No more nerds, sex bombs: Female animators draw away clichesSANTA CLARITA, Calif. -- The California Institute of the Arts was created partly by Walt Disney's desire to bring more top-flight animators into the...
- Area residents among those attending inauguration, women's march
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts
- Rep. Smith hears call to simplify tax code, reduce tax rates
- Wallingford bill aims to block St. Louis abortion ordinance dealing with discrimination
- Council advances ordinance to let residents keep chickens in Cape
Tech as teaching tool, not entertainmentOne local teacher is allowing technology use in her classroom, and not for entertainment. Kindergarten teacher Jennie Pehle of Orchard Drive Elementary in Jackson is utilizing technology as "a tool" to teach her students. Pehle's students are getting an enjoyable education, while simultaneously providing her with valuable information...
Hopes for 2017Since it is officially the new year, we are all making resolutions, and we are hoping for the best for our families and for ourselves. In this letter, I will be writing about my hopes and dreams for my country, my world, and myself. In my country, I know things won't be easy to fix. ...
A message from heavenIt has been two years since the death of my son. An unexpected event happened that made me realize that there is a heaven and that is where my son is. Someone came to my office for a routine visit. She told me that she had been running a few weeks before and was suddenly struck by the thought that there was a voice inside her head that she didn't know. Was this her breathing or the runners "high"? She was uncertain so she quickly discarded it as nothing...
Servers & Kitchen Help (1/24/17)Gordonville Grill
Sales Position (1/24/17)Remodeling Room
Customer Service Representative (1/24/17)Tower Loan
Physical Therapist and Physical Therapist Assistant (1/22/17)Premier Physical Therapy
Drivers (1/20/17)Plaza Tire Service
CNA's (1/19/17)Monticello House
Medical Assistant (1/18/17)Confidential
Case Manager (1/18/17)Cape Girardeau County Public Health Center
Monty's Mobile Homes (1/18/17)Class A CDL-TRUCK DRIVER (TOTER)