Speak Out: Obama's War Crimes: The U.S. Drone War

Posted by bbollmann on Sat, Sep 29, 2012, at 6:30 PM:

http://www.conservativevideos.com/2012/09/obamas-war-crimes-the-u-s-drone-war/

I don't know how you'll claim this is a Right-wing conspiracy considering most of the footage came from MSNBC / BBC / et al.

And BHO whined about pouring a little water up the noses of some REAL terrorists?!?!?

Replies (56)

• Obama: Forwar

-- Posted by Rick Vandeven on Sat, Sep 29, 2012, at 8:20 PM
  • And bbollmann you show your true colors when you type these three letters 'BHO', at least to this viewer.

-- Posted by Observations and Thoughts on Sat, Sep 29, 2012, at 9:42 PM

Stands for Barack Hussein Obama... right? What is wrong with that, that is his name isn't it? Sorry I forgot, that is just one of the names he uses. Barry Sorento was another one I believe. Hmmmmm...... wonder what his name really is?

Would B. Hussein Obama sound better?

You seem really upset by that movie. What part of it wasn't true?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Sep 29, 2012, at 10:43 PM
  • By the way, the disconcerting matter is that someone would attempt to exploit human tragedy for political gain.

-- Posted by Observations and Thoughts on Sat, Sep 29, 2012, at 11:03 PM

You don't believe in letting the truth be know about a man running for the highest office in the land? Who caused the human tragedy. Didn't hear from you when Obama was bad mouthing the Bush Administration over waterboarding. He seemed to consider that a human tragedy and didn't mind profiting politically. His whole 2008 campaign was run against a man who was no longer eligible to run for the office. What a joke!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Sep 29, 2012, at 11:25 PM
  • O&T

Barrack Hussein Obama was sworn in as President of the United States using that name.

Come to think about it, the swearing in was a big screwup also, as I remember it.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Sep 29, 2012, at 11:27 PM
  • Wheels, Sounds to me someone needs to sit back let the grown-ups talk.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Sep 29, 2012, at 11:36 PM
  • Old John,

I remember my Grandpa saying something like that. It kind of went like, why don't you be quiet and let someone talk who knows what he's saying.

Aside from all this..... "You got mail."

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Sep 29, 2012, at 11:56 PM
  • Kind of interesting how some equate human tragety to premeditated murder. The 911 attact has been described as a tragety so is the killing of Osama a human tragegy used for political gain?

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Sep 30, 2012, at 1:21 AM
  • O&T,

Just wondering if you and some of your fellow Democrats will return to participating in the anti-war movement if Romney wins? I always knew the anti-war Dems were phony, but it was nice to have some other folks bring the cookies every once in awhile.

-- Posted by Rick Vandeven on Sun, Sep 30, 2012, at 5:56 AM
  • You're right Rick.

The whole point of the video is to show the stunning hypocrisy of The Left and BHO who vilified Bush for pouring water up the noses of three TERRORISTS. So, one would think The Left would be vilifying BHO for murdering innocents in the air strikes.

Crickets or 100% full-throated support of BHO's war.

BHO has murdered hundreds in an undeclared war on Pakistan soil and airspace that was not approved by Congress... ...you know... ...an illegal war... ...that he won't even call a War On Terror.

...all after being gifted the (affirmative action) Nobel Peace Prize. Priceless irony.

O&T also complaining about Medicare Cuts after BHO's signature legislation is a $716 Billion cut in Medicare is hypocritically priceless.

And, yes, O&T, I proudly wear my Tea Party colors as a supporter of Conservatism, Fiscal Responsibility, the Constitution and Common Sense. Standing blindly behind Bush / Obama is dangerously ignorant.

-- Posted by bbollmann on Sun, Sep 30, 2012, at 7:41 AM
  • Barrack Hussein Obama was sworn in as President of the United States using that name.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Sep 29, 2012, at 11:27 PM

Yes, he was. I wonder why you call only him by his full name? Did you refer to his last opponent by John Sidney McCain? Do you refer to his current opponent as Willard Mitt Romney? Do you refer to Akin as William Todd Akin?

I believe you use President Obama's full name to associate him with the Muslim faith. By creating this association you hope to prey on the ignorance and fear of others, and shift their alliance to the Republican party.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Sun, Sep 30, 2012, at 7:55 AM
  • O&T

Perhaps you can enlighten us poor earthlings what you think is permissible to refer to the empty suit as.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Sep 30, 2012, at 8:49 AM
  • Observations, everybody knew what your point was. But, the "narrow-minded obstinate old geezers loiter around this 'coffee shop' and attempt to shift every dialogue in an effort to find validation for unjustifiable proceedings", just like to ignore things like that. I think they come here for the attention (mostly from each other). After awhile they'll have the whole coffee shop to themselves, but President Barrack Hussein Obama will still be in the White House. I hope this time, when Chief Justice Roberts swears in President Obama, CJR , doesn't mess it up again.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Sun, Sep 30, 2012, at 9:06 AM
  • Suelynn,

Even if he does win... your vote for him isn't going to count. How do you like them apples?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Sep 30, 2012, at 9:15 AM
  • I think it's pretty amazing that, at this time in America, a person named Barack Hussein Obama could have been elected. He doesn't run from his name. Speaks to the man.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Sun, Sep 30, 2012, at 9:21 AM
  • "And bbollmann you show your true colors when you type these three letters 'BHO', at least to this viewer."

Hmmm. JFK, LBJ, FDR, And on and on. Past Democratic Presidents, and some Republican ones, have been commonly identified by their three initials. Why is 'showing one's true colours' to identify this one thusly?

If you're looking to be offended, all the world is offensive.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Sun, Sep 30, 2012, at 9:31 AM
  • He wanted to be sworn in by his full name. But we are not allowed to use it because people might think he is a Muslim. What a joke. And the Lefties referred to Bush the 2nd simply as "W" when they wanted to try and belittle him. Sensitive little boogers aren't you.

I'm going back to referring to him in the formal way some self important way people like to be called by.... B. Hussein Obama.

PS: You lefties sure he isn't a Muslim. And don't give me that... he said I am a Christian thing for proof. He has said a lot of things that were pure BS and we all know it.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Sep 30, 2012, at 9:39 AM
  • It wouldn't bother me if President Obama was a Muslim - this is America. Religious freedom for all. Just like it doesn't bother me that W. Mitt Romeny is a Mormon.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Sun, Sep 30, 2012, at 9:45 AM
  • or so he says... :)

-- Posted by Deb56 on Sun, Sep 30, 2012, at 9:53 AM
  • What if he is a Muslim? So what? I thought one of the main tenets ths country was founded on was freedom of religious expression. Are you a bigot concerning non-Christians? If so, remember that Romney's a Mormon. He's not a Christian either but for some reason you are OK with that. I definitely smell bigotry.

-- Posted by riregrist on Sun, Sep 30, 2012, at 9:58 AM
  • riregrist, who the heck are you talking to?

-- Posted by dchannes on Sun, Sep 30, 2012, at 10:22 AM
  • "If so, remember that Romney's a Mormon. He's not a Christian either but for some reason you are OK with that."

I still say claiming that the 'Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints' is not Christian is a stretch. To say they don't meet your definition of Christianity smells of Bigotry, as well.

If Mr. Obama is a Muslim, that is all well and good, except that he claims to be a Christian. If he has misrepresented himself, that is a problem. There is no requirement that our President be a Christian, or even that they be religious. Quite the contrary. But we do expect some level of honesty and integrity from them. Denying one's true faith while pretending to another would seem to run counter to that.

I don't claim Mr. Obama is a Muslim, mind you. He says he is a Christian and I will not challenge him on that. I am merely answering the question of 'what if he is?' which was posed.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Sun, Sep 30, 2012, at 11:14 AM
  • ""If so, remember that Romney's a Mormon. He's not a Christian either..."

"John answered him, saying: Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, who followeth not us, and we forbade him. But Jesus said: Do not forbid him. For there is no man that doth a miracle in my name, and can soon speak ill of me. For he that is not against you, is for you. For whosoever shall give you to drink a cup of water in my name, because you belong to Christ: amen I say to you, he shall not lose his reward."

Mark 9:38-41

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Sun, Sep 30, 2012, at 11:20 AM
  • What if he is a Muslim? So what? I thought one of the main tenets ths country was founded on was freedom of religious expression. Are you a bigot concerning non-Christians? If so, remember that Romney's a Mormon. He's not a Christian either but for some reason you are OK with that. I definitely smell bigotry.

-- Posted by riregrist on Sun, Sep 30, 2012, at 9:58 AM

Don't know who you are directing this to, but I did not bring up the Muslim thing, one of your lefties did. I just replied and asked a couple of questions.... which I never received answers for.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Sep 30, 2012, at 11:38 AM
  • By consent of the governed.

-- Posted by dchannes on Sun, Sep 30, 2012, at 12:22 PM
  • "In August 2010, Iran unveiled what it claimed was its first armed drone. And on Tuesday, the country's military chief, Gen. Amir Ali Hajizadeh, disclosed details of a new long-range drone that he said can fly 2,000 kilometers (1,250 miles), which puts Tel Aviv easily in range."

Interesting. I recall that Iran captured one of ours not so long ago. Mr. Obama asked them nicely to return it, but they didn't. Now, they've got their own.

Do you reckon they'll give ours back to us, now?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Oct 2, 2012, at 9:51 AM
  • -- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Oct 2, 2012, at 9:55 AM
  • Interesting. I recall that Iran captured one of ours not so long ago.

Out of my own personal curiousity, how was Iran able to capture one of our drones?

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Tue, Oct 2, 2012, at 9:56 AM
  • "Out of my own personal curiousity, how was Iran able to capture one of our drones?"

According to their reports, they hacked into the software and brought it in for a safe landing. According to our reports, it crashed there. I have to wonder who was lying.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16095823

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-17805201

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Oct 2, 2012, at 10:20 AM
  • -- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Oct 2, 2012, at 10:23 AM
  • Curiousity now partially satisfied. Thank you.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Tue, Oct 2, 2012, at 11:50 AM
  • "According to our reports, it crashed there. I have to wonder who was lying."

It clearly did not crash. My understanding is that in the event of contact with the operator is lost. The drone takes it upon itself to find a suitable flat, landing area.

"...which puts Tel Aviv easily in range."

Fortunately Israel has capabilities of tracking and shooting down drones.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Oct 2, 2012, at 12:08 PM
  • "The drone takes it upon itself to find a suitable flat, landing area."

The reports are that Iran fed it erroneous GPS data to trick it into landing in Iran. It was either not equipped with a destruct mechanism, we failed to utilize the self-destruct mechanism, or Iran was able to disable the self-destruct mechanism. I do not know which is the case.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Oct 2, 2012, at 12:19 PM
  • The Pentagon initially reported it as 'crashed' and said that Iran found the 'remains'.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2011/12/05/9215757-pentagon-top-secret-us-dro...

It was only after Iran released photos of the intact drone that the Pentagon acknowledged that it was not a crash.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Oct 2, 2012, at 12:22 PM
  • The reports are that Iran fed it erroneous GPS data to trick it into landing in Iran. It was either not equipped with a destruct mechanism, we failed to utilize the self-destruct mechanism, or Iran was able to disable the self-destruct mechanism. I do not know which is the case.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Oct 2, 2012, at 12:19 PM

In either case, our bad.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Tue, Oct 2, 2012, at 12:23 PM
  • I'm trying to catch up so pardon the not on time post.

Seems I remember Iran claiming they shot down a drone.

I also recall the Soviet Union's show off flying display with with our captured bombers and one [or was it two] extra.

When our drone went down we were assured the sensitive software was not subject to back-engineering. We know one area in which the Russians shine is copying American technology.

If Iran has such an animal I would suspect Mr. Obama's friends from the former Soviet Union may have lent a hand.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Oct 2, 2012, at 7:29 PM
  • Excuse me gentlemen, we may have bigger fish to fry than the Iranian drone ordeal:

*China and Russia hack into US power grid*

Cyberspies from China and Russia have hacked into the US electricity grid and hidden software that could be used to disrupt power supplies, according to officials.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/5126584/China-and-Russia-ha...

-- Posted by dchannes on Tue, Oct 2, 2012, at 8:20 PM
  • I realize this is old news, but I wasn't aware. Geez...

http://www.dickmorris.com/china-has-hacked-our-electric-power-grid-read-about-it...

-- Posted by dchannes on Tue, Oct 2, 2012, at 8:27 PM
  • My guess would be that the Iranians were working on drones for some time. They probably reached a limit to their technology, so they needed a tutor. Now, they could try to buy the technology, steal it through spying, or use other means to obtain it, but that would be slow and messy.

Instead, they hijacked one our our drones, which were regularly flying around their airspace. Then, they simply copied what they needed from the working model.

I doubt they built a drone from scratch in less than a year, even with the working model on hand.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Oct 3, 2012, at 2:37 PM
  • "Instead, they hijacked one our our drones..."

The only ones that say that are the Iranians. I guess we have no choice but to believe them, they're such fine, upstanding, honest people.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 3, 2012, at 3:31 PM
  • "The only ones that say that are the Iranians."

Texas students proved it possible, at the request of the Department of Homeland Security.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/hijacking-drone-uav-aircraft-texas-students-pro...

The vulnerability is apparently a known weakness:

http://www.tgdaily.com/security-features/60239-how-iran-hijacked-a-us-stealth-dr...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Oct 3, 2012, at 3:46 PM
  • When you fly your drones around in someone else's soveriegn airspace, you have to expect these sort of things.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Oct 3, 2012, at 4:03 PM
  • I've had low flying aircraft over my place twice today.

I guess I should be on alert for a multi-jurisdictional task force to busting in here any day now to steal my property and fine me for growing healthy food without a permit.

-- Posted by dchannes on Wed, Oct 3, 2012, at 4:12 PM
  • "[Obviously], I wouldn't say it's easy, but the technology is there."

Just because it could have been done, does not mean it was done. For one thing, I don't believe that the DOD really ever talks about the full GPS array that they have access to. But clearly, you are welcome to believe the Iranians.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 3, 2012, at 4:13 PM
  • "Just because it could have been done, does not mean it was done. For one thing, I don't believe that the DOD really ever talks about the full GPS array that they have access to. But clearly, you are welcome to believe the Iranians."

We know they have the drone. We know it was intact. We know the DOD lost communication with it while it was in flight. We know it didn't crash. The DOD said it crashed. But clearly, you are welcome to believe the DOD.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Oct 3, 2012, at 4:18 PM
  • "The DOD said it crashed."

They said it landed but not necessarily under Iranian control. I no longer have the reference, but original DOD statements implied it had an "auto-land" capability, which makes more sense than just allowing it to crash if control is lost.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 3, 2012, at 4:29 PM
  • We had a stealth fighter shot down over Bosnia back during the Clinton adminstration. A short while later, we bombed the Chinese embassy there, reportedly the result of using 'old maps'. The Chinese, the Russians, and the rest of the World wasn't buying it, but the complaints died out. I've speculated that China acquired sensitive technology from the downed aircraft, and we destroyed the technology (along with the building in which it was located) to keep it out of their hands.

Now, I realize it might be difficult blaming 'old maps' for a assualt on an Afghani insurgent compound accidentally destroying an Iranian military facility near Tehran, but it may also have been worth a try. Intelnews reports that the CIA planned a covert operation to recover or destroy the drone after it was determined to be in Iran, but did not want to risk an international incident if they were discovered and captured.

Or, maybe our current command just didn't have the stomach for it. After all, we ain't talkin' GRF here, or even JEC.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Oct 3, 2012, at 4:32 PM
  • -- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Oct 3, 2012, at 4:39 PM
  • "...but original DOD statements implied it had an "auto-land" capability, which makes more sense than just allowing it to crash if control is lost."

The Iranian claim is that they took advantage of that 'auto land' capability by spoofing the GPS. Cybertalk websites all acknowledge the likelihood of such a scenario.

Iran knew of the overflights, having photographed such a drone a few weeks prior, which the Pentagon claimed had 'strayed' from targets in Afhanistan (after first denying the existince of the drones in the area).

The Pentagon continually referred to the 'wreckage' or the 'remains' of the drone. When the image of the intact drone was shown on Iranian television, the Pentagon claimed it was most likely 'not real'. They later acknowledged that it appeared to be an intact drone - the real thing.

As I said, you're welcome to believe them, but I'm finding the Iranians to be more credible on this.

We did lose a second such drone, over the Seychelles, about two weeks later. I've found no further information on that one.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Oct 3, 2012, at 4:44 PM
  • al-Qaida. Why don't they just call it Cobra Command?

-- Posted by Rick Vandeven on Mon, Oct 15, 2012, at 4:31 PM
  • Cobra Command were the "bad guys"on a cheesy cartoon I watched when I was a kid. Everything bad that happened was Cobra Command's fault. Sort of like al-Qaida is to us.

-- Posted by Rick Vandeven on Mon, Oct 15, 2012, at 5:06 PM
  • Obama's "crimes" are centered in his own stupidity which is legion. Far worse are our "crimes" of enduring him further.

Vote him out!

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Oct 15, 2012, at 5:20 PM
  • Obama is quiet, Ike is quiet, Howdy is quiet, Theorist has nothing to say, Donacita seems to have quieted down, O&T appears to be permanently quiet. And I almost forgot Common. I think we better put those folks pictures on milk cartons.

Kind of nice isn't it.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Oct 15, 2012, at 8:21 PM
  • The old saying "took the wind out of the sails" seems to be true.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Oct 15, 2012, at 9:33 PM
  • Media Matters and MoveOn.org must have run out of talking points.

-- Posted by dchannes on Mon, Oct 15, 2012, at 10:34 PM
  • And G Bush starting an unjust war based on WMD is not guilty of war crimes?

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Tue, Oct 16, 2012, at 7:03 AM
  • How in heaven's name are we justified to reward failure and give another four years to these two losers? Its incomprehensible and unforgiveable on our part.

-- Posted by voyager on Tue, Oct 16, 2012, at 7:48 AM

Respond to this thread