Speak Out: The Islamic Democrat convention? My grandfather is spinning in his grave.

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Aug 29, 2012, at 9:04 PM:

A catholic priest was denied his request to pray but they will have two hours of Islamic prayer. All I get from this is Obama IS a Muslim. Since it seems most democrats are becoming atheist it seems they would want no religious ceremonies. I am amazed they embrace a religion that beat women that show their face.

"In particular, the event will target the Patriot Act, the NYPD, the National Defense Authorization Act, and anti-Shariah sentiment."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/dnc-announces-2-hour-islamic-jumah-prayers-after...

Replies (13)

• Iron and clay mixed makes for a weak foundation.

When the religions of the world are compromised and blended into one the world as we know it will crumble.

Obama, in my opinion has no religion based on any diety but rather his worship of his own idealism.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Aug 29, 2012, at 9:32 PM
  • The "catholic priest" in question, who is not a priest, but a Cardinal, will indeed pray at the Democratic convention. He has said that he is coming to both conventions as a pastor and not to endorse either party.

The Islamic prayer event is not part of the convention. It is an independent, non-convention event.

-- Posted by donacita on Wed, Aug 29, 2012, at 9:35 PM
  • Got a link donica? Its on the Democrat convention's website as a convention event. It's kind of hard to deny.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Aug 29, 2012, at 10:12 PM
  • I say again:

donacita = T-R-O-L-L and is a cartoon character. Should I get the link to the pic again?

-- Posted by dchannes on Wed, Aug 29, 2012, at 11:50 PM
  • "The "catholic priest" in question, who is not a priest, but a Cardinal,"

Donacita,

I can see where I gave you way too much credit.

Cardinal Dolan is a Priest first, then a Bishop, then an Archbishop and now a Cardinal.

The man is still a priest, no matter the fact that he has been elevated through the ranks of the Catholic Church and finally to the status of Cardinal. Check it out, don't take my word for it.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 12:41 AM
  • Is not there only one "God" ?

-- Posted by Crazy Horse on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 1:09 AM

Rick,

I always thought so. Although some people view God different than others, and while some are radically different from others, most have views that are not that inconsistent with one another.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 11:38 AM
  • -- Posted by donacita on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 12:22 PM
  • Wheels: Whatever.

-- Posted by donacita on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 12:22 PM

You don't take being found incorrect well, do you?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 2:27 PM
  • "dchannes: bite me."

Ok, you ask for it donacita.

Here's her picture again:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deboraducrot/2462199541/

I wonder if getting bit hurts when you're a cartoon...

donacita:

Adjective

donacita (plural donacitaj, accusative singular donacitan, accusative plural donacitajn)

singular past passive participle of donaci, which translates to: "donation"

-- Posted by dchannes on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 3:16 PM
  • -- Posted by Spaniard on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 3:39 PM

Here ya go

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/jumah-dnc.jpg

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 4:23 PM
  • Crazy Horse said "Give me an honest atheist.

I give you Spaniard (a self proclaimed atheist). As to his honestry, I can not attest.

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, Aug 30, 2012, at 4:29 PM
  • That muslim group or speech have nothing to do with the DNC next week. Where do some get this mess from. Despite all of your efforts to make the president a muslum, he is not.

Do you really want to be hatin that bad on the man. The DNC is ready to kick butt next week. I know you will be watching even though you will say you won't. Acknowlede it or not, the man's popularity is high as heck and people want to see this man and hear him speak. Face the music! Diversity is key and he brings it. His opponent does not and did not even address how diverse america is now during his biggest moment last night. Oh , Romney will pay severly come election day.

But whether President Obama says what you want him to say or not, millions will watch. But look how diverse his crowd will be. That will be true america. And those will be the people who will keep him in office.

-- Posted by kcknown on Fri, Aug 31, 2012, at 8:27 AM
  • -- Posted by bbollmann on Sat, Sep 1, 2012, at 6:24 PM

Respond to this thread