Speak Out: Rep. Emerson Votes To Rebuke Rep. Wilson

Posted by Lumpy on Wed, Sep 16, 2009, at 9:52 AM:

Replies (14)

• Emerson has a long standing tradition of supporting legislation that radiates her disdain for the First Amendment. I never doubted that she would vote for this measure, especially after some of the details came to light.

-- Posted by Lumpy on Wed, Sep 16, 2009, at 10:46 AM
  • It is time for her to ride off into the sunset. The more I hear about some of her votes, the less respect I have for her. But, what strong true conservative could the GOP put up if and when she retires?

-- Posted by luv2argue on Thu, Sep 17, 2009, at 10:55 AM
  • My first reaction is that President George Bush gracefully handled many a personal attack in every forum, as has President Obama; without Congress formally punishing the offender. But of course, one should refrain from excusing ones behavior with the boorishness of another. And then again, the actions of many Congress people and those of some of the administration have been disgraceful and their ethics process has conveniently overlooked their indiscretions. If this action establishes a foundation for increased moral and honest behavior of our elected officials and their appointees, then so be it. But if this gravy turns out not to be also good for the Goose, then Representative Emerson you'll be thrown out with the rest of the bums.

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Thu, Sep 17, 2009, at 2:12 PM
  • It is amazing to me that Emerson keeps getting elected there. Did her late husband vote like she does? Is any one running against her the next time? I think Robert Goodbody's posts about her seem to be right on the money.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Thu, Sep 17, 2009, at 7:19 PM
  • Must have had the word TARP in the bill somewhere.

-- Posted by gman on Thu, Sep 17, 2009, at 8:42 PM
  • JAE...the best thing to happen to Southeast Missouri, EVER! ;o)

-- Posted by Grandpa_Sassy on Fri, Sep 18, 2009, at 9:22 AM
  • You all know my blogs well enough by now to know I don't make excuses for any politician (right or left). So I wont for Rep. Wilson. I am proud that JAE decided in favor of punishing him. In fact it is one of the best things she has done in a while in my opinion. I do not support President Obama's policies at this moment in time. Notice I said President Obama. Regardless your feelings what the man is doing or has done he is still President. He holds the highest office in our land, and for a congressman to interupt a speech delivered by that office at that point and time is schoolyard bs. It was so bad he immediately drafted a personal apology to the president himself. That tells me he knows he was wrong. Representative Wilson seems like a good person as do all of them pretty well when you get down to it, but there are rules for politicians to behave and how to act in the presence of the President and Mr. Wilson violated them and as such he should be punished by all democrats and republicans alike. I don't think it should by any means end his career, but rules are rules and why have them if you aren't going to enforce them? You don't trash talk the President to his face that is what sunday morning talk shows are for. Jo Ann did the right thing in this instance.

-- Posted by howudoin on Fri, Sep 18, 2009, at 9:53 AM
  • Infowarrior, where is Robert Goodbody's post?

-- Posted by Turnip on Fri, Sep 18, 2009, at 10:00 AM
  • You don't trash talk the President to his face that is what sunday morning talk shows are for. Jo Ann did the right thing in this instance.

-- Posted by howudoin on Fri, Sep 18, 2009, at 9:53 AM

If there is something that cannot be said to a person.... any person's face, then it should be left unsaid.

Had he said BS, would it have been more palatable, or used the word I learned in Charm School instead of BS... Faaantaaastic?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Sep 18, 2009, at 10:19 AM
  • If he wants to talk to the president then he should walk down the **** road and talk to him face to face not stand up like a godda@#ED idiot and grandstand. When they act like kids then the liberals sit there and say fannnntaasssttttic. He looked like a ****** off teenager running his mouth before thinking. Who was the blogger worrying how much they spent debating it. I would much rather them debate punishing Rep. Wilson as opposed to debating health care. I think they could actually work something out with Mr. Wilson as opposed to anything else they work on, more in there realm of experience.

-- Posted by howudoin on Fri, Sep 18, 2009, at 2:31 PM
  • Just a silly little thought ...

Has anyone ever been listening to a speech (whether in person or on TV) or been involved in a heated discussion or debate in public and blurted something out without any forethought or any real intention of doing so?

A schoolboy reaction, maybe ... followed by a knee-jerk schoolboy 'punishment reaction,' maybe?

Giving Obama credit where it might be due ... it seemed that he was in favor of dropping the matter and getting back to the work at hand ... in what he called a show of bipartisanship.

-- Posted by gurusmom on Fri, Sep 18, 2009, at 3:14 PM
  • howudoin,

I emailed you at godda@#ED and the only response I got was an ad for a new Chevy Impala. What gives?

Just kidding. That did show up as an e-mail address on my computer though.

-- Posted by Lumpy on Fri, Sep 18, 2009, at 4:07 PM
  • -- Posted by Lumpy on Fri, Sep 18, 2009, at 4:49 PM
  • another disappointing move by Emerson

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Sun, Sep 20, 2009, at 9:55 AM

Respond to this thread