Speak Out: MSNBC Suspends Keith Olberman without pay.

Posted by voyager on Sun, Nov 7, 2010, at 5:42 PM:

MSNBC says Olberman contributed to various Democratic candidates which was in violation of contract obligations. What do you think?

Replies (28)

• Oh noooooooooooo! A biased newsman. I cannot believe it.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Nov 7, 2010, at 7:17 PM
  • Yeah, believe it!

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 11:01 AM
  • Spank,

If he was suspended, I doubt he was fired and hired back.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 11:07 AM
  • SpankTheTank,

'Indefinite suspension' merely means that no timeframe of suspension is given. Such suspensions usually occur 'pending the outcome of an investigation' or 'until a proper determination can be made', etc.,

It is not the same as 'fired', which would be a definitely permanent suspension. ;)

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 11:36 AM
  • Well I care.

Olberman had one of the best comedy shows on TV. Maddow's pretty funny too, but she ain't no Keith.

Bring Back Olberman!!!!

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 1:57 PM
  • He is not to well liked by ABC either...

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 2:18 PM
  • Don't you just love Maddow's cute little superior smirk and butch haircut.

The one thing one could say for Olberman was he was a true voice and reflection of current liberal thinking and what they might plan to do or say next. ...And how they would say it!

He was the Left Wings' Rush Limbaugh.(Except Rush is infinitely better at it and better paid!)

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 2:25 PM
  • Rachel shorn is purty.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 2:59 PM
  • Dang, that gal must be doing something right...she takes home a pretty paycheck. And it seems that Keith is paid dang well too.

-- Posted by concerned4all on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 6:39 PM
  • Beck and O'Reilly are much funnier than Olbermann and Maddow.

-- Posted by sleepsoldier on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 6:41 PM
  • Suelynn,

Haven't seen you lurking around since the election. Things go to suit you?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 6:58 PM
  • He may be hired back due to the fact that over 500,000 viewers signed a petition and send it to MSNBC over the weekend.

-- Posted by D49F11 on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 8:43 PM
  • D49, Those were Fox viewers that want someone to poke fun at.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 8:50 PM
  • OJ

That was good!

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 9:02 PM
  • Gee, A so called reported that broke the rules. Who would have ever saw that coming. Goes out and attacks Cons. Reps. daily while giving money to the dems.

I guess this would make him a reliable source to some.

-- Posted by Airborne 95B on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 6:40 AM
  • Old John; I quess Olbermann could have donated his money through the Chamber of Commerce and no one would have known! LOL

-- Posted by D49F11 on Wed, Nov 10, 2010, at 7:34 AM
  • I guess he could have accused the opposition of doing the same thing he was doing.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Nov 10, 2010, at 9:49 AM
  • "openly gives" Key words when judging the integrety of a news talk show personality.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Nov 10, 2010, at 11:29 AM
  • Spaniard

To me this is no different than let's say Dan Rather reporting false information about a sitting President. I didn't believe him before (I did however like his show) and now that he has broken the rules (for CNBC no less) it just makes him that less reliable/believable.

-- Posted by Airborne 95B on Wed, Nov 10, 2010, at 1:00 PM
  • Sorry that's MSNBC, I fat fingered my key board.

-- Posted by Airborne 95B on Wed, Nov 10, 2010, at 1:03 PM
  • Don't you mean FAUX news?

-- Posted by D49F11 on Wed, Nov 10, 2010, at 4:01 PM
  • Or if you don't like smoking, don't go to places that allow it. Still not satisfied? Start your own place of business.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Nov 10, 2010, at 4:55 PM
  • I guess that's why I wouldn't recognize Olberman if I saw him. I choose not to watch. I do watch Fox but I know the difference between opinion, news and slanted news. Fox is not without knowing it's audience is mainly conserative.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Nov 10, 2010, at 6:31 PM
  • My favorite commentator is Robert Osborne on TCM. However, of late, it is becoming more difficult to understand his pronuncation. Suppose we both are just getting older and the ears are not what they used to be. Everything goes sooner or later.

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, Nov 11, 2010, at 7:48 AM
  • Wow, Spaniard is an non biased name caller. He calls people that bolster his point names for no reason.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Nov 11, 2010, at 8:59 AM
  • I have no problem with a news organization slanting a certain way. If Fox wants to have conservative commentors, fine. If MSNBC wants liberal commentors, fine.

However I do have a problem when they 'edit' stories to their benefit. I am not blaming just fox, they just seem to be the kings of it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgOkuI9gBLQ

the one is just sad... they edit out applause

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zat7P1sj5w

more editting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5fCAJ7iU7o

sadly it is so common practice by news, especially fox, that it is not safe to watch just one news source. That is why I try to watch an hour of CNN & an hour of Fox each day. I can't watch just one and feel like I am getting the whole truth.

-- Posted by futile_rant on Thu, Nov 11, 2010, at 9:17 AM
  • Spaniard,

Yes it feels good when someone tells me what I want to hear. Even if it isn't the truth.

That is what my fiance is for, not the news.

-- Posted by futile_rant on Thu, Nov 11, 2010, at 9:27 AM
  • Rant,

You must only watch Fox... there were no examples of distortions from the other so called news media.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Nov 11, 2010, at 9:32 AM

Respond to this thread