Speak Out: Well we hit $13, Trillion while BO was beating his chest about the oil spill.

Posted by voyager on Sun, Jun 6, 2010, at 2:19 AM:

Well, my millions in lottery winnings (when I win) ain't gonna be worth diddley squat made worse even by Obama taking better than half in taxes.

Heck, it's even going to be difficult for an honest crook tomake a living.

Replies (37)

• Points that caught my eye:

At $13 trillion, that figure has risen by $2.4 trillion in about 500 days since President Obama took office, or an average of $4.9 billion a day. That's almost three times the daily average of $1.7 billion under the previous administration

The White House would not comment for the record, but an official speaking on the condition of anonymity said the administration is "committed to restoring fiscal responsibility."

House Democratic leaders have indicated that they may give up debt reduction altogether this year.

-- Posted by gurusmom on Sun, Jun 6, 2010, at 6:31 AM
  • and some people are mad because he wasn't focusing on the oil spill... pick your poison.

-- Posted by futile_rant on Sun, Jun 6, 2010, at 9:05 AM
  • For the life of me, I don't understand why Obama, a.k.a., "The Anointed-One", doesn't just walk-out onto the water, wave his hand, and announce "It Is SO!!!"

Then walk back on shore, an' do the same for the woes of this economy.

I mean, after all: Charlton Heston done somethin' similar once, by parting the waters with a staff.(Not to mention what he once done for evolution, as well!)

And he was only a mere CONSERVATIVE...!!!☺

-- Posted by donknome-2 on Sun, Jun 6, 2010, at 9:51 AM
  • Rant, he promised miracles, now we expect miracles delivered. At least we ought to get the greatest Fourth of July fireworks ever.

Stop trying to excuse the inexcusable, rant.

-- Posted by voyager on Sun, Jun 6, 2010, at 9:57 AM
  • Methinks Little Caesar is in way over his head!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Jun 6, 2010, at 1:56 PM
  • Gurus, Conditions of anonymity means rumor has it.

Voyager, the lottery like tax rebates are unfair. Folks that can't afford a ticket should also have a chance to win. Maybe we can spread that wealth around so everyone has a chance.

Rant, I am starting to get out of sort anytime he focuses period. Can we send him to Branson?

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Jun 6, 2010, at 4:41 PM
  • Had enough?

Why are people still sporting those bumper stickers? Aren't they embarrassed enough by the Democrats they voted for yet?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Sun, Jun 6, 2010, at 6:17 PM
  • Hunter, I think I see a decline in those bumper stickers.

Actually I think I have seen a decline in bumper stickers overall.

Maybe both sides are a bit reluctant to be so bold.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Jun 6, 2010, at 6:33 PM
  • Shoot, Old J. ... I always thought that meant the person requesting anyonymity was doing it so he/she didn't lose his/her job. Isn't that awful of me?

Of course, in the case of "committed to restoring fiscal responsibility." ... that could indeed be a rumor. ☺ Kind of thought it funny though ... that on one hand 'the administration' might be committed to that, while "... they may give up debt reduction altogether this year." ... which is why I pasted both those quotes.

Personally, futile? It's my opinion that our president focusing on the oil spill is probably ... (sorry!) ... futile. Taking expensive trips to the coast to 'view' the spill 2-3 times may have given him some ideas about how to solve the problem, though, don't you think? Oh okay ... a little sarcasm there.

Haven't been to Branson in many years ... seems they're doing pretty good. So ... would it really be a good idea to send him there?

-- Posted by gurusmom on Sun, Jun 6, 2010, at 7:41 PM
  • Are 'Had Enough?' bumper stickers still available? I thought it might be getting time for me to have one, perhaps with a picture of the White House or something displayed on it ... even though I absolutely hate bumper stickers of any kind.

If I were going to 'advertise' for anyone, anything ... I'd definitely expect to be paid for the service.

-- Posted by gurusmom on Sun, Jun 6, 2010, at 7:47 PM
  • Gurus, I was hoping Dr. Branson could improve Obama's focus, but then again with better focus he may be enabled to focus further on his stated agenda.

So I take it back.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Jun 6, 2010, at 7:59 PM
  • Sorry ... I was trying to be funny about Branson. I get these spells every now and then.

At any rate ... sort of suspect that anything Obama might 'focus' on would have to be approved by his own ... um ... already-set agenda. So, Old J. ... yep, let's hope for less focus in the future?

-- Posted by gurusmom on Sun, Jun 6, 2010, at 8:16 PM
  • Old John wrote:

"Hunter, I think I see a decline in those bumper stickers."

I think a lot of them disappeared when the 'clunkers' they were on were traded in...

I still see a few of them, usually accompanied by an Obama sticker or two, or three.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 8:34 AM
  • Bumper stickers are just plain tacky (if not sticky). They are hard on auto finishes, pollute the environment, and distract other drivers causing rear end collisions.

Boy, I'm in a good mood today. It's laundry day.

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 8:49 AM
  • Empires do not seem to have a history of lasting.

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 9:08 AM
  • James, many of your arguments are quite compelling. The 'empire' thing is a bit of a stretch. The only foreign ground we occupy are cemeteries. And the in our image thing basically collapsed in the Philippines.

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 10:28 AM
  • The federal deficit is a hoax.

-- Posted by FriendO on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 11:46 AM
  • FriendO, you jest, surely. Please explain the hoax.

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 12:10 PM
  • I get a good chuckle out of bumper stickers now and then.

btw, if I can't manage to read a bumper sticker at a stoplight, I probably shouldn't be driving, with road signs and all.

-- Posted by Turnip on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 12:57 PM
  • All those economists are just modifying deficit data to win grant money. You are part of an elaborate ruse.

-- Posted by FriendO on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 1:01 PM
  • God created this country. He'll fix this problem for us before it gets too far.

-- Posted by FriendO on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 1:03 PM
  • There may be a deficit...but it's natural. It's not man-made.

-- Posted by FriendO on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 1:03 PM
  • Who spiked FriendO's orange juice?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 2:25 PM
  • Friend-O,

You'd better change your password. I think some crazy hacker has gotten into your account and is posting nonsense...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 2:28 PM
  • You'll be happy to know that on Friday, the total debt had dropped back down to only $13,050,588,009,652.62. I feel better already...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 2:30 PM
  • vulcan2004 wrote:

"Would love to hear one of the social leftists defend this one WITHOUT mentioning GWB."

Well, here you go:

"There may be a deficit...but it's natural. It's not man-made." - Friend-O -

No mention of GWB, and total absolution of Mr. Obama and the Democrats...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 2:33 PM
  • Yes, FriendO, but you have not explained the hoax. Please enlighten the Great Unwashed.

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 4:15 PM
  • Voyager,

The hoax is in the White House.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 4:32 PM
  • The federal deficit is cyclical. Many decades ago there were deficits and the world didn't end. This deficit is just part of the natural cycle.

-- Posted by FriendO on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 5:57 PM
  • Or maybe the deficit is caused bt sunspots?

Oh dammit have I been conflating the federal deficit with global warming this whole time? How ridiculous. I say let the grandkids deal with all of it.

-- Posted by FriendO on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 5:59 PM
  • Them what caused it now wants someone else to deal with it. You gotta admit, that's really on target liberal thinking.

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 6:45 PM
  • I won't fall for your "sky is falling" mentality! I'm an American and I'm entitled to live as irresponsibly as I want!

See, it IS just like arguing global warming!

-- Posted by FriendO on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 7:07 PM
  • Okay ... I want some of what FriendO is having ... please!

-- Posted by gurusmom on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 7:25 PM
  • I am now officially a deficit denier.

Who is the like the "Al Gore of Deficits"? Ron Paul? I got some good stuff lined up...

-- Posted by FriendO on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 7:42 PM
  • The Federal Deficit can be proven. Global Warming cannot. And therein lies the difference FriendO.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 7:46 PM
  • Methinks Little Caesar is in way over his head!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Jun 6, 2010, at 1:56 PM

Mmmm, Pizza, Pizza.

-- Posted by non-biasedphilosopher on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 10:34 PM
  • Maybe the best that can be said of FriendO's mistaken notions is inexperience due to age and lack of learning.

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Jun 7, 2010, at 11:33 PM

Respond to this thread