Speak Out: Speak Out 5/5/17

Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, May 5, 2017, at 7:14 AM:

God in school

I very much agree with the person writing about why they send their children to a parochial school rather than public school. Since I have taught in public schools for 31 years I think I am qualified to voice my opinion. I believe that children can get a good education in a public school, but the teachers have to be careful about talking about anything religious. There were times when I could read a poem about God and express my feelings, but I had to be cautious. Just because parents send their children to parochial school doesn't mean they think they are better, they just want their children to be taught about what a wonderful God we have.

Bill O'Reilly

Bill O'Reilly got fired for saying things to women. Bill Clinton got a second term as president for doing things to women. It sure seems to me that there is a double standard in this country. Maybe Mr. O'Reilly should run for president, he would get my vote.

Sore losers?

President Trump could not get a favorable comment from the Democrats or Hollywood if he found a cure for cancer or conquered world hunger. They will NEVER get over his win over Hillary...EVER! So, unfortunately for our country and the world, we will continue to see, hear and read these cry baby comments, many being vindictive, for as long as he is in office because it will be a constant reminder that their arrogant candidate Hillary lost the election all by herself and for that they are permanently broken. Get over it and grow up. If they think things were bad in this election, just wait until 2018 because their pouting and immature elected officials will be shown the door. People are tired of the obstruction.

Chelsea's influence

The April 13 commenter who said Chelsea Clinton never had an office in the White House nor did she have a security clearance or untold influence over the President. Yes, she did have a security clearance, and how does anyone know what influence she had over her father. You yourself called it "untold" influence!

Cape pool

It seems the municipal swimming pool is being neglected. For two seasons now there has not been a dehumidifier blowing. Everything is starting to rust. Water in the showers is cold much of the time. Last fall the same dirty and moldy shower curtains were never changed. Floors are not kept clean regularly. Does the health department ever inspect? What do visitors think of the place.

Replies (43)

God in school: I went to a Parochial Grade School and feel that type of school is by far a better system of education than going the public route.

Bill O'Reilly: Bill was judged by the media and hadn't to this day had his day in court. A person is innocent till proven guilty.

Sore losers: Key words from the caller - "Get over it and grow up."

Chelsea's influence: Chelsea like her mom and dad should be on trial for the "play for pay" scheme of the Clinton Foundation for which she was the head of.

Cape pool: Apparently more money was spent at the Cape Splash than the municipal swimming pool.

And that's the way it should be....Friday May 5, 2017.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, May 5, 2017, at 7:30 AM
  • God in school....my Christian and religious friends tell me God is everywhere . When I was young , the public school I went to had to say the Pledge Allegiance to the Flag which quotes "one Nation under God" , so I really don't see all of the fuss . I think it's really all about money and not God anyway .

Bill O'Reilly...really odd how no women have got fired for saying things to men . I mean , c'mon now , what's the odds of that happening ?

Sore losers?...Sore losers ? gloating winners ? Get over it all and get on with America .

Chelsea's influence...who cares ?

Cape pool...so don't go to Cape pool

Brewers 5 , Cards 4

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, May 5, 2017, at 8:15 AM

God In Schools

Madalyn Murray O' Hair is the one that spearheaded that movement. Isn't it odd that she ended up being identified by the no. off of her hip replacement? You have to wonder if GOD had a hand in that. Makes one wonder if speaking out and causing such things to happen could cause you to incur the wrath of GOD.

Bill O' Reilly

It makes you think about why if they were being treated this way they waited so long to say something? It seems if one says something then all of a sudden women are coming out of the woodwork! Money seems to make everything alright again.

Sore Losers

They were the ones yelling about how Trump's stuff was setting a bad example for children but what the heck do they think all of their bs is teaching children?

Chelsea Clinton

Just another Hillary.

Cape Pool

Go to Cape Splash instead. After all that seems to be where your taxes are going. That is if you can get there without losing your car in potholes!

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Fri, May 5, 2017, at 9:59 AM
  • Dad finds out Islam is being forced on his kids in public school; Confronts the School Board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVcbq4K-Xrg

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, May 6, 2017, at 9:06 AM
  • Wearing heels is not sexy if you walk like a new born calf .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, May 6, 2017, at 9:46 AM
  • -- Posted by Karen Jones on Sun, May 7, 2017, at 12:13 PM

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sun, May 7, 2017, at 12:13 PM

Iamhere: We always enjoyed riding on the Larry Don and touring the lake on it. Sad, but the lake and it's attractions are not what they use to be. Our first honeymoon was at a resort there and still remember going to Lee Macy's Country Opry and Bridal Cave numerous times since.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, May 7, 2017, at 4:39 PM

After a Big Wreck at Talladega that caused the NASCAR race to be Red Flagged, it's almost time to go back and finish up the race with 16 laps to go. Junior is in 3rd place and looking for the finish line and victory.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, May 7, 2017, at 4:54 PM

Not today for Jr. Semo.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sun, May 7, 2017, at 5:06 PM

Yeah been to Lee Macy's several times myself. First time I went to the lake was with my estranged Hubby's paternal grandparents in their camper. We set trot lines and fished a lot. That was when I learned about fishing with wheaties and vanilla.😎

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sun, May 7, 2017, at 5:12 PM

Not today for Jr. Semo.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sun, May 7, 2017, at 5:06 PM

Iamhere: Very true, but glad Stenhouse won and not Johnson. Didn't know that Stenhouse's girlfriend is Danica.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, May 7, 2017, at 5:36 PM

Our first honeymoon was at a resort there and still remember going to Lee Macy's Country Opry and Bridal Cave numerous times since.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, May 7, 2017, at 4:39 PM

How many honeymoon's ago was that Semo471?

It seems as if you and your girlfriend go on a honeymoon more often than some people change their socks.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sun, May 7, 2017, at 5:51 PM

How many honeymoon's ago was that Semo471?

It seems as if you and your girlfriend go on a honeymoon more often than some people change their socks.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sun, May 7, 2017, at 5:51 PM

Wheels: This June will be 52 years. Their socks must be smelly.☺

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, May 7, 2017, at 6:52 PM
  • Iam, That win looked as if was stolen from the leader but that's what makes it racing. I know it was too dangerous but I miss the old days when the cars [at least the bodies] started as models actually sold to the public.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sun, May 7, 2017, at 7:40 PM

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, May 7, 2017, at 6:52 PM

Semo471, You're one for the books, no doubt about it. Glad to hear there are some folks out here who still are married after the first three months. You and your girlfriend are to be congratulated.

But I cannot let it go to your head, you're just newlyweds. In Oct it will be 60 years for us.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sun, May 7, 2017, at 7:41 PM

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sun, May 7, 2017, at 7:41 PM

Wheels: Between us 4 that's almost 112 years of marriage.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, May 7, 2017, at 8:35 PM

Holy moly, never thought of it that way. I think I been married all my life.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sun, May 7, 2017, at 11:09 PM

Posted by R. W. Bess on Sun, May 7, 2017, at 7:40 PM

Anymore the cars all look the same. That wreck near the end was something! I was glad they didn't go thru the catch fence like before. That is a risk when they run the super speedways. I have watched NASCAR since I was young. My Mom watched it also. Guess that makes me a redneck. 😎

I also like the World Of Outlaws and the NHRA.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Mon, May 8, 2017, at 8:48 AM

Wheels you have been married longer than I have been alive.

Does that make you feel better?😎

Semo I was 3 when you got married.

I congratulate you both for being good example to the younger ones although now days things just don't seem to last.

Myself I guess I am not a good picker of men.

I raise my grandkids and that is enough drama for me!😀

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Mon, May 8, 2017, at 9:38 AM

Iamhere: My girlfriend must have been....JK ☺

You might be a Red Neck if you have to mow the yard to find your dog.

You might be a Red Neck if you think that beef jerky and Moon Pies are two of the major food groups.

This message is not to offend anyone and if it does I am deeply sorry for any necessary medical/mental treatment that one incurs.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Mon, May 8, 2017, at 10:03 AM

Iamhere: My girlfriend must have been....JK ☺

Iam and Semo471

Mine as well. 😊😊😎

Iam,

You're just a kid yet. Stick around Semo471 and I can teach you some new tricks to add to your resume. 😉

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Mon, May 8, 2017, at 10:22 AM
  • You all are lucky men indeed , very lucky ! Not many have the good life you've had .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, May 8, 2017, at 11:14 AM
  • Mine would have been 40 years this year .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, May 8, 2017, at 11:16 AM

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, May 8, 2017, at 11:16 AM

Rick: Even the short in years marriages produce a lifetime of memories as well as children.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Mon, May 8, 2017, at 11:47 AM
  • -- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, May 8, 2017, at 3:36 PM

I left my estranged hubby in 05 but I am still legally married. Will be 34 years this year.

No Wheels I am not interested in a relationship. I married the first time when I was very young and had one child with him. It was only 3 years when we divorced. I remarried a couple of years later and had two more children. I stayed until my youngest was 15 and took her and left. We get along better not being in a relationship. No benefits either before you ask. 😀

I am content to be by myself and don't have to answer to anyone for anything. My grandkids are my focus now.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Mon, May 8, 2017, at 4:51 PM

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Mon, May 8, 2017, at 4:51 PM

Iamhere: Do you think "Theorist" would make any comments from your 4:51pm post.

This message is not to offend anyone and if it does I am deeply sorry for any necessary medical/mental treatment that one incurs.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Mon, May 8, 2017, at 5:12 PM

Semo if you remember she claimed to have myself and a couple of others blocked. I really don't care what she would say. She was a fake like some others that have disappeared thankfully.

I guess that is one good thing about no pseudonyms huh? No

Miccheck to ask constant questions and whine for apologies. No Theorist attacking all things Trump.

Have to admit there are benefits.😎

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Tue, May 9, 2017, at 1:14 PM
  • ..and then there's farmers and peaches too ☺

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, May 9, 2017, at 2:42 PM
  • RS.----:)

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Tue, May 9, 2017, at 2:57 PM

Poor farmers have a tough life with everyone wanting a piece of the pie.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Tue, May 9, 2017, at 4:36 PM

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, May 9, 2017, at 2:42 PM

Rick I think the farmer in question was in for a hard winter.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Tue, May 9, 2017, at 10:55 PM
  • Wheels

Sometimes a person has to take matters in hand..

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Wed, May 10, 2017, at 6:49 AM

😎😎

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Wed, May 10, 2017, at 8:50 AM

Rick: Your comment was just peachy.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Wed, May 10, 2017, at 9:33 AM
  • semo

thnx , it's better then being the pits ☺

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Wed, May 10, 2017, at 12:32 PM

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Wed, May 10, 2017, at 5:43 PM

Dang R.W., you must be getting old and crochety. We need to get MissMe'L in here to straighten you out. 😉

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Wed, May 10, 2017, at 6:44 PM

I hope that little exchange wasn't targeting me.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Wed, May 10, 2017, at 6:50 PM

Nah, I am getting old and senile, I responded to R. W. on the wrong thread.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Wed, May 10, 2017, at 7:04 PM

Iamhere: No way.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Wed, May 10, 2017, at 7:45 PM
  • Karen Jones

Not on my part ..I was urged on by a person who I'll keep anonymous ☺

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, May 11, 2017, at 4:43 AM

Iamhere: We were talking about a inside joke toward no one on these forums.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Thu, May 11, 2017, at 10:59 AM

😎

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Thu, May 11, 2017, at 12:32 PM

Respond to this thread