Speak Out: This is just plain wrong . What has society become ?

Posted by Old John on Fri, Mar 20, 2015, at 10:54 AM:

Rick, I've yet to get that Charter link to work but I did learn some about it from another news source.

Is it saying this lower than a low life murderer can only be charged with something less than murder?

I understand some jurisdictions make murder of police a more punishable crime than murder of a regular citizen. Upon that logic it should be a lesser punishment for murdering this murderer. OMO

Replies (51)

• Nil, Still yet a firing squad would be too good for her. I'll never understand how some people can be against the death penalty where it is deserved.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Mar 20, 2015, at 12:57 PM
  • In an different article, I read the perpetrator had had a miscarriage and fell into a deep depression.

There is no logical excuse for the violence that was done. However, the perpetrator had a history of mental illness. The mental health system, the perpetrator's friends and family failed her. And certainly, the perpetrator failed herself too... yet, if you have known someone with "major" depression... you know the individual is usually past the point of helping themselves or asking for help.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/suspect-cut-fetus-womb-mentally-ill-chi...

-- Posted by CSIP2016 on Fri, Mar 20, 2015, at 3:23 PM
  • -- Posted by improvisational on Fri, Mar 20, 2015, at 3:23 PM

Yet another "liberal" making excuses...

-- Posted by BonScott on Fri, Mar 20, 2015, at 4:15 PM
  • Based on the premise one has to be crazy to do something like that?

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Mar 20, 2015, at 4:59 PM
  • -- Posted by improvisational on Fri, Mar 20, 2015, at 3:23 PM

Impro: It wasn't the poor woman who got gutted and then lost her baby's fault for the woman being "depressed". After she goes to trial and receives a life sentence/death penalty her depression will end.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Mar 20, 2015, at 7:29 PM
  • Semo. I am and a lot of others know depression first hand. It is not something induced by society in the sense that they made me this way. May be hereditary but in my case I have been blessed in so many ways I don't deserve. Still I can't comprehend any excuse for what this person has done except pure evil and when good men do nothing, evil prevails.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Mar 20, 2015, at 8:06 PM
  • Speaking of "what has society become?", spend even more money all the while lowering taxes? Doesn't surprise me that they also want to legalize pot. Obviously they were stoned when taking the poll.

.............................................................................................................

From Newsmax

Poll: Spend More, Tax Less, Legalize Pot

Friday, 20 Mar 2015 14:03 PM

A new survey finds Americans want both lower taxes and more government spending. But support for spending more tax dollars on health care has dropped dramatically.

The 2014 General Social Survey, which has been measuring trends in American opinion and behavior since 1972, also finds that for the first time, most Americans think marijuana should be legalized.

On religion, people are likelier than ever to not feel connected to any particular religion, but no less likely to believe in God.

The survey is by the research organization NORC at the University of Chicago and puts questions about many issues to the public. Data from the 2014 survey was released this month, and an analysis was conducted by the Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research and the General Social Survey.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Fri, Mar 20, 2015, at 8:20 PM
  • I said "There is no logical excuse for the violence that was done."

However, there are two sides to every story. I offered a glimpse of the other side. (A fact most Missourian posters do not embrace.)

-- Posted by CSIP2016 on Sat, Mar 21, 2015, at 5:49 AM
  • Leave it to B S to blame Obama.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Sat, Mar 21, 2015, at 6:55 AM
  • Leave it to B S to blame Obama.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Sat, Mar 21, 2015, at 6:55 AM

That's interesting. I don't believe I said anything close to that...I did however, say Improv was making excuses.

-- Posted by BonScott on Sat, Mar 21, 2015, at 8:35 AM
  • -- Posted by improvisational on Sat, Mar 21, 2015, at 5:49 AM

Impro: Believe if it had been your wife and baby you would indeed not give a rip about the woman's depression and reasons behind the attack.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sat, Mar 21, 2015, at 8:46 AM
  • Yet another "liberal" making excuses...

-- Posted by BonScott on Fri, Mar 20, 2015, at 4:15 PM

Again, a conservative attacking a liberal for absolutely no reason.

Rick, I read where this lady's son drowned at 18 months (I may have this confused), and she has never been well since. I think she claimed to be pregnant to her husband too.

One sick, sick lady. She will probably be declared insane. The attacked mother appears to be improving.

Just a miserable, evil event, no matter how you look at it.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Sat, Mar 21, 2015, at 8:49 AM
  • Posted by Reasoning on Sat, Mar 21, 2015, at 8:49 AM

I didn't attack anybody...The knife yielding woman did however.

-- Posted by BonScott on Sat, Mar 21, 2015, at 10:33 AM
  • All knives should be outlawed, right Reasoning?

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sat, Mar 21, 2015, at 10:59 AM
  • All knives should be outlawed, right Reasoning?

-- Posted by semo471 on Sat, Mar 21, 2015, at 10:59 AM

Semo471,

You forgot outlawing water pistols.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sat, Mar 21, 2015, at 11:46 AM
  • What's done is done... society (or you) can be outraged about the horrific event all they want... it will not bring back the baby or undo the brutal assault...nor will your outrage prevent another situation like this happening.

However, if we consider what went wrong, what drove the perpetrator to the assault and murder... maybe society can learn from tragedies. If we can, there is a good chance we can prevent future tragedies from happening.

-- Posted by CSIP2016 on Sat, Mar 21, 2015, at 11:57 AM
  • Looks like we need better mental health advocates and laws to keep the crazies off the streets.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sat, Mar 21, 2015, at 12:45 PM
  • Semo471

And we need less Political Correctness so that we may call things what they really are.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sat, Mar 21, 2015, at 12:54 PM
  • What does Rick care of what happens? He's not a US citizen.

-- Posted by Robespierre on Sat, Mar 21, 2015, at 4:06 PM
  • What does Rick care of what happens? He's not a US citizen.

-- Posted by The Spaniard on Sat, Mar 21, 2015, at 4:06 PM

El Spicoli, are you a 10 year old or do you just act that way?

-- Posted by BonScott on Sat, Mar 21, 2015, at 7:05 PM
  • -- Posted by The Spaniard on Sat, Mar 21, 2015, at 4:06 PM

Spaniard: Are you one of those 12 million illegals, if so you are not a citizen.

-- Posted by ▪Rick on Sun, Mar 22, 2015, at 9:54 AM

Rick: The man received his cure for mental illness. Now for those PC folks, I don't care what you are about to say zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sun, Mar 22, 2015, at 10:04 AM
  • Hmmm. White was black. Maybe he has been watching too much Ferguson coverage where the message has been you can do anything you want, legal or illegal and it will get you what you want.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sun, Mar 22, 2015, at 10:30 AM
  • What does Rick care of what happens? He's not a US citizen. -- Posted by The Spaniard on Sat, Mar 21, 2015, at 4:06 PM

Is this a new standard being proposed? If you're not a citizen of Israel, you shouldn't be able to talk about Israel? If not Russian, you shouldn't talk about Russia? If you're a "Spaniard" you should only talk about "Spain"?

Signed... The American

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Mar 23, 2015, at 9:03 AM
  • Good Morning Dug. :-)

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Mon, Mar 23, 2015, at 9:09 AM
  • It truly is a good morning Wheels!!!

:-)

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Mar 23, 2015, at 9:11 AM
  • Welcome back "Dug" from your vacation ☺☺

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Mar 23, 2015, at 9:15 AM
  • Thanks Semo.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Mar 23, 2015, at 9:16 AM
  • Dug,

Just be sure to dot all of your "i" 's and cross all your "t" 's. ;-)

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Mon, Mar 23, 2015, at 9:30 AM
  • I will. For the record, I was banned for posting a homophobic slur. Another poster, Pythagoras, was attacking some conservatives by quoting the Bible repeatedly. I simply cut and pasted Pythagoras homophobic slur to chastise them for using such foul, vile, offensive language and then trying to be an expert on the Bible at the same time.

Several liberals on here shockingly came to to Pythagoras defense and began attacking me when all I did was cut and paste Pythagoras own words. One of them reported me to get me banned and I was then banned. But never reported Pythagoras use of the word - all I did was remind them.

So I contacted the paper and gave them evidence of Pythagoras use of the word originally and my account was restored. I post this to let everyone know that cutting and pasting another's vile comments/words/attacks can get you banned if another poster reports your copying.

Having said that I had a conversation with the Editor of the SE Missourian Mr. Miller. He said that the personal attacks have got to stop and they are tired of being "playground supervisor". That personal attacks on an anonymous forum aren't really personal and shouldn't be taken that way. He said to keep it civil and that his patience with hitting the ban button will be less in the future.

I thanked him for considering my appeal and looking into the matter. A very reasonable guy but, as he said, his patience is wearing thin and that the ridiculous banter needs to stop. He said he appreciated good debate and the banter back and forth and that we should enjoy the privilege we have been given.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Mar 23, 2015, at 9:49 AM
  • My Opinion Only.

The party reporting you while ignoring the original poster you quoted should be banned.

Congrats on your perseverance!

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Mon, Mar 23, 2015, at 10:23 AM
  • -- Posted by Theorist on Mon, Mar 23, 2015, at 10:17 AM

I thought Spaniard was simply saying Rick shouldn't be able to comment about a story he cut and pasted regarding the case of the woman who cut the baby out of another womb. Maybe there was something else?

-- Posted by ▪Rick on Sat, Mar 21, 2015, at 9:35 AM

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Mar 23, 2015, at 10:27 AM
  • Dug & Wheels: The Banner jumped on an opportunity (unfounded) to get Dug banned since he is a thorn in their backsides.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Mar 23, 2015, at 10:32 AM
  • Wouldn't President Truman have fun with todays PC crowd.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Mar 23, 2015, at 7:20 PM
  • -- Posted by Theorist on Fri, Mar 27, 2015, at 12:46 PM

Theorist: What do you think her punishment should be?

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Mar 27, 2015, at 4:49 PM
  • People that cut off heads are crazy too then?

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Mar 27, 2015, at 5:14 PM
  • Theorist: You never answer that same question you just asked RELee from me.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Mar 27, 2015, at 9:02 PM
  • Theorist: Then why did you ask RELee the same question if it doesn't matter what you think?

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Mar 27, 2015, at 9:37 PM
  • Theorist: I'm not afraid to voice my opinion like you and other PC Liberals....I think that she should get the Death Penalty but the PC Liberal Colorado judicial system probably won't issue it.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Mar 27, 2015, at 9:52 PM
  • Semo, people like Theorist support abortion but denounce capital punishment. Go figure...Hypocrits with a capital H!!

-- Posted by BonScott on Fri, Mar 27, 2015, at 10:02 PM
  • BonScott - you make a good point. The very person that had me banned actually came to the rescue of another liberal who was making fun of gays and using an anti-gay slur.

They switch back and forth like a switch on the wall.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Mar 27, 2015, at 11:30 PM
  • -- Posted by Theorist on Sat, Mar 28, 2015, at 8:04 AM

Sorry Theorist, I don't believe that for a second. Your inability to answer RELee's question says enough.

Thank you again for helping me make my decision to remove my kids from the public school system.

-- Posted by BonScott on Sat, Mar 28, 2015, at 8:34 AM
  • Rick: The ugliness of crime can visit anyplace even a small town like Gordonville.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sat, Mar 28, 2015, at 9:04 AM
  • -- Posted by Rick✖ on Sat, Mar 28, 2015, at 2:56 PM

Rick, big difference between true liberal and "liberal".

-- Posted by BonScott on Sat, Mar 28, 2015, at 4:24 PM
  • -- Posted by Theorist on Sat, Mar 28, 2015, at 2:04 PM

What a load of garbage Theorist. You're about as much an independent as common, which is zero...Everything you support is of the "liberal" agenda. You're not fooling anybody.

Thanks again by the way.

-- Posted by BonScott on Sat, Mar 28, 2015, at 4:26 PM
  • So, BS, would you classify yourself as a jerk or a true jerk?

-- Posted by left turn on Sat, Mar 28, 2015, at 6:35 PM
  • Your comment is school yard talk, RELee/

-- Posted by left turn on Sat, Mar 28, 2015, at 10:56 PM
  • I do remember something about 40 something Senators guilty of everything but stealing the kitchen sink (without a trial) and now Hilary who plainly did not follow the law of the land is innocent and I would bet if she were running for the highest office in the land and the election was next Tuesday there are several on her who would vote for.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sun, Mar 29, 2015, at 8:54 AM
  • "there are several on her who would vote for."

Make that...... 'there are several on here who would vote for her.'

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sun, Mar 29, 2015, at 8:57 AM
  • The majority of those that vote will vote for her. The (d) and being female is all hillary needs.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sun, Mar 29, 2015, at 9:24 AM
  • -- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sun, Mar 29, 2015, at 9:24 AM

FFF: Don't forget about all those millions of blood sucking freeloaders and 12 million illegals who by Nov. of 2016 will probably be given the vote in order to build up the low info Democratic voter base.

I believe in love and acceptance...

-- Posted by Theorist on Sat, Mar 28, 2015, at 2:04 PM

Theorist: You must have been/still are a "flower child".

-- Posted by left turn on Sat, Mar 28, 2015, at 6:35 PM

Left Wing Nut: Do us all a favor and speak only after your meds have taken affect.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sun, Mar 29, 2015, at 10:06 AM
  • Wheels, Hillary broke no laws. Even Howdy Gowdy the chief persecutor said that.

-- Posted by left turn on Sun, Mar 29, 2015, at 12:10 PM

Respond to this thread