Speak Out: Cipher This

Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Aug 9, 2013, at 1:50 PM:

Replies (11)

• An angel for sure.

-- Posted by mo55 on Fri, Aug 9, 2013, at 3:07 PM
  • That was sent to me yesterday and got me thinking in Yogi Berra terms, seems I remember similar stories from the past about a mystery priest present at highway accidents.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Aug 9, 2013, at 11:48 PM
  • -- Posted by Old John on Sat, Aug 10, 2013, at 12:02 AM
  • Old John,

I heard many years ago, stories of the Priest who had the wounds that bled every day. Did not remember his name.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Aug 10, 2013, at 12:33 AM
  • Wheels, Not sure about that part but thinking there was a movie made about highway miracle priest way back.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Aug 10, 2013, at 12:38 AM
  • Old John,

Could be, but I am not aware of it. Goggled it quickly but did not see anything.

Got to turn in. My Granddaughter just went back to Columbia for her 2nd year in College. She contacted me this evening, the router I gave her for her and her 3 friends to use in their new apartment is refusing to co-operate and I promised to help in the morning. She caught me at a bad time this evening as I was down town busy trying to get myself a nice caramel pecan double dip ice cream in a waffle cone. Ummmm, yummy! Had to put off helping till morning.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Aug 10, 2013, at 12:55 AM
  • I also remember as a teenager we were riding our motorbikes on the road to grand dads farm and saw an old fellow on his riding mower that had stuck in the roadside ditch. He kept reversing direction to no avail and we dismounted the bikes and came up behind and gave the yard tractor a shove. The thing got traction and he went on his way, never looked back and I'm sure he didn't see us. Wonder if he figured us invisable angels? :)

Not making light of anyone's cipher, just wondering if the priest was on the highway and felt no need for thanks or recongnition.

Inall the excitement he could have blended back into the onlookers and went about his way.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Aug 10, 2013, at 1:00 AM
  • Wonder if he figured us invisable angels? :)

Not making light of anyone's cipher, just wondering if the priest was on the highway and felt no need for thanks or recongnition.

Inall the excitement he could have blended back into the onlookers and went about his way.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Aug 10, 2013, at 1:00 AM

Old John,

That considering you guys "angels" part. Guess if you were anything like me at that age, I would need to think about that for a minute. ;-) Cannot ever remember anyone referring to me as an angel at that time of life. Definitely a good 'Samaritan' though.

What ever happened in the incident the article is about.... I assure you it will be a long time before the Church will declare that a Miracle.

And yes it definitely could have been someone who disappeared into the crowd without feeling the need of a thank you.

Not to make light of it, but in my weird mind the old movie, Christmas Story I believe it was, where the Angel saves the day and keeps the mean old banker Mr Potter from getting our hero jailed by the bank examiners, comes to mind. :-)

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Aug 10, 2013, at 10:58 AM
  • "It's A Wonderful Life" was the movie. Great flick.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sat, Aug 10, 2013, at 11:02 AM
  • FFF

Thank you, that is correct. There are only a few movies out there that I consider great and classics. Then I had a brain f**t and got the name wrong.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Aug 10, 2013, at 11:25 AM
  • As you may have already heard on the news.... this mystery is at least partially solved, although two firemen report hearing words to reassure them that the Priest says he did not say.

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/car-crash-angel-identified-priest/2013/08/13/id/5...

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Aug 13, 2013, at 2:21 PM

Respond to this thread