Speak Out: Does it being Friday the 13th today bother anyone?

Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Nov 13, 2009, at 9:37 AM:

Replies (24)

• LOL! Not until you mentioned it! Gee thanks!

-- Posted by Egotistical_Bigot on Fri, Nov 13, 2009, at 10:02 AM
  • Just another day.

-- Posted by retired1 on Fri, Nov 13, 2009, at 10:11 AM
  • No different than any other day for me.

-- Posted by Red_Rhino on Fri, Nov 13, 2009, at 10:15 AM
  • Wheels, I was not bothered...oblivious to the date....UNTIL my **** dog grabbed my pink fuzzy slippers while I was walking up the steps this morning. Thankfully I caught myself w/my forearms otherwise I would have face planted. Naturally my hands were full.

Then a mishap with a can of Pediasure and my daughter/wheelchair occured. It was ALL OVER the **** place, wheelchair, clothing...seating is foam..it's not pretty. Just finished drying the chair & of course she wants to go to school now.

All this & I haven't left the house. I'm a lil' nervous. What do you think?

-- Posted by Turnip on Fri, Nov 13, 2009, at 10:20 AM
  • The Devil is busy every day, day and night. Only the righeous are hesitant.

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, Nov 13, 2009, at 10:28 AM
  • I'm grading the answers.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Nov 13, 2009, at 11:30 AM
  • I have always graded curves!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Nov 13, 2009, at 11:44 AM
  • My concern is do I put into the undecided column all those who don't give an up or down answer. And do I count multiple voting more than once?

This could be hard to grade.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Nov 13, 2009, at 12:44 PM
  • Spank,

Your wife must not be a tolerant woman... or she had prior knowledge of you, which makes her, make you toe the mark. :-)

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Nov 13, 2009, at 1:04 PM
  • Post the picture as your avatar after you glue the beer can on top, Spank.

Turnip (was going to say, 'Aw, Turnip' but I'm trying to break the Aw Habit) ... Go back to bed! You're under a Friday the 13th Dark Cloud!

I like Friday the 13th's ... One of my sons was born on a Friday the 13th, so I always considered it a lucky day. Anyway, my lucky buckeye protects me.

-- Posted by gurusmom on Fri, Nov 13, 2009, at 2:37 PM
  • Love that bulldog! Dumplin?

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, Nov 13, 2009, at 7:23 PM
  • Graded the questions this morning and had to throw out some of the ballots,

I think it is Yes 3, No 3, Undecided 1.

However Turnips should count for 2. Hope she is still with us. Haven't heard anything yet today.

Note to Self: Notify Turnips Thursday before next Friday the 13th.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Nov 14, 2009, at 10:37 AM
  • Wheels, somewhere along the line, I lost the thread. Put me in the I don't give a Hoot one way or tuther.

-- Posted by voyager on Sat, Nov 14, 2009, at 11:07 AM
  • Voyager,

Nuther undecided!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Nov 14, 2009, at 11:25 AM
  • I feel your pain Turnip, When my son was still with us nothing smelled worst than pediasure spit up on his wheelchair. Stay strong...

-- Posted by Airborne 95B on Sat, Nov 14, 2009, at 11:46 AM
  • Thanks for the support, Airborne. Sorry to hear about your loss. Thankfully (this time), it came straight from the bag rather than the button. **** ext. was laying right on her lap. ;o)

Wheels, as you can see...I'm still here. Layed low most of the day...just to be safe. ;o)~ I tell you who I'm a lil' worried about...Rick. Ain't heard a peep out of him. Round2 w/ the ceiling fan, perhaps?

-- Posted by Turnip on Sat, Nov 14, 2009, at 12:06 PM
  • Oh Gawd Rick, been there, done that. Gone through 5 computer since first tackling the Beast in 1991, back in the dark days of conversion from DOS to Windows 3.1.

The accounting system was DOS based.

-- Posted by voyager on Sat, Nov 14, 2009, at 12:20 PM
  • sometimes it feels like every day is friday the 13th around here ....or maybe i'm just a born clutz , one or the other ...

-- Posted by *Rick* on Sat, Nov 14, 2009, at 12:05 PM

Rick,

You're not working in the kitchen again.... I hope?

Pre Dial 911!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Nov 14, 2009, at 12:30 PM
  • Now there's a solution for you!

-- Posted by voyager on Sat, Nov 14, 2009, at 12:50 PM
  • Voyager,

1991 and DOS was the days of enlightenment. I started with a 4k RAM Model 1 Radio Shack machine and upgraded it all the way up to 48K, if I remember correctly. Even had an intergrated accounting system on the thing including AR, AP, Payroll and GL, and a large box full of 5 1/4 Floppies. Four External Floppy Drives daisey chained. Upgraded to a Model 3 and finally into the DOS world.

Don't knock the DOS based accounting systems, if you had a good one they worked well, and there is really nothing different in double entry accounting than there was when we had it in high school, except you do it with a machine. The answers had best come out the same.

When our company changed over for the Y2K crisis that never was, it was strongly advised that we stay wih the DOS accounting system for a while because the Windows Version was still too clunky to perform well, which we did. And it performed very well on an NT Server.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Nov 14, 2009, at 1:20 PM
  • I began with a 1930's Royal Typewriter and a Frieden Calculator. Ever hear of a Marchant? What a calculator!

Am not and never will be a computer geek. We started with computer in '89 when became obvious computers were the future.

First used DOS Peachtree Accounting, 123 worksheet, and some accursed data base I never understood. Had people to take care of that for me.

Started converting to Windows in '91, starting with Ami Pro word processor (a JEWEL) and shortly thereafter 123 spreadsheet (REALLy like it eaqually well. Stayed away for data base operations (hated it).

Ultimately, it became obvious everything was going Windows. The board decided to wire our building for networking. Tried to tell them go NT. They didn't because of cost. You can guess the end result. Said it would crash and it did numerous times. Talk about cost. I refused to ever let them put Accounting on the net. They wanted info, come to my office.

Anyway, it was an experience!

Yes, MeLange, I KNOW your pain converting over. Back then we were all struggling with learning curves on top of everything else.

-- Posted by voyager on Sat, Nov 14, 2009, at 2:42 PM
  • as I told Wiff, I hate figures to this day. When folks start quoting figures, projections or analysis, I graze over them to get the idea and that's it. Numbers games, count me out.

-- Posted by voyager on Sat, Nov 14, 2009, at 2:48 PM
  • as I told Wiff, I hate figures to this day. When folks start quoting figures, projections or analysis, I graze over them to get the idea and that's it. Numbers games, count me out.

-- Posted by voyager on Sat, Nov 14, 2009, at 2:48 PM

Voyager, we were a small business, with never more than about 25 employees or so. when I retired a son-in-law and daughter took it over. I still help them with the computer end of things and the month end close of the books. If I had sold it to a stranger, I would be like you, don't want to deal with numbers. But selling it to your kids, you are really never through with it I guess. As I have said before, that is truly the Until death do you part, situation in life.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Nov 14, 2009, at 3:02 PM
  • Very commendable of you. There are other rich compensations for you, like close family.

Believe me, it can be lonely on Fox Chase Hill.

-- Posted by voyager on Sat, Nov 14, 2009, at 3:17 PM

Respond to this thread