Speak Out: Woman win a million dollars and still uses food stamps.

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 11:05 AM:

See the mentality the liberals have created? She says she needs the because she is unemployed and owns two houses. Well, the poor little leech!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2111060/Amanda-Clayton--1m-lottery-winne...

Replies (22)

• Your blaming everything on liberals crap is getting old. Why not try something new and innovative for a change?

-- Posted by howdydoody on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 11:27 AM
  • Howdy: They are the cause of all of this abuse of government assistance. That is the liberal way "let us tell you how to run your life" stay in the safety net right where we want you. Social welfare was started for temporary assistance not a life time, furthermore were broke people that are able to work need to get out and find a job and oh yes jobs are out there remember were in a great recovery according to the adminstration.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 1:07 PM
  • I highly doubt many liberals, if any, would support what this woman is doing. To claim liberals are all in favor of such gross abuse of the system is painful.

-- Posted by oomph on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 1:27 PM
  • swamp: Well I believe you are getting a little smarter. You said abuse of govt assistance. You are absolutely right...abuse. I'm liberal, and I don't tell anybody how to run their lives, so don't preach that right wing BS to me, o.k.? Alot of people need help and I don't object to that. It's the abusers that leave a bad tasts in our mouths. I agree people that are able to work should work...no tolerance. Remeber now, I'm a liberal saying this. So, when you and regret put all liberals under the same umbrella you are only displaying ignorance. I'm not finished yet, but I have to go for now.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 1:28 PM
  • If a local civic organization sold raffle tickets advertising a stated large sum of money to the winner and then kept half and awarded half, some one would probably be prosecuted for fraud.

I wonder if the food stamps freed up the cash to by the lottery tickets in the first place.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 1:35 PM
  • What else is it? Liberals embrace this type of fraud. Remember, Pelosi and crew are proud to be liberals. The president has the honor of being the food stamp president and he was known as the second most liberal person in the senate next to Kennedy.

Liberal blame the wealthy for the debt and say it is all their fault and should pay more when the overboard social spending is not being kept in check. This girl should be stripped of what she has taken since winning.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 1:36 PM
  • Old John I was thinking the same thing myself. Seems to me if a person wins the lottery as a direct result of government aid, then the money should be put back into the state as opposed to going to the winner. Woefully crooked if a person can by lotto tickets with tax payer funded monies, and then win big bucks.

-- Posted by oomph on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 1:37 PM
  • Why is it that liberals have fostered this mentality in your mind? I agree the liberal economic approach, when not kept in check, can certainly become marred by misuse; however, I won't go so far as to say that what this woman has done is a direct result of liberal economic policies.

-- Posted by oomph on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 1:40 PM
  • Howdy: I'm not as smart as you are because I for got you are a liberal and the liberals know everything regardless and any body that disagrees with them they better look out because here comes the social army. I just wish you guys would stop borrowing and trying to spend yourself out of this mess were in, now your down to printing money because a lot of our creditors have cut us off. Not only the far left but the right had a lot to do with it as well there you go Howdy were back even.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 1:50 PM
  • Even Wall Street Bankers have it tough.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2108477/Wall-Street-bankers-struggling-3...

I guess it really is hard out there for a pimp.

-- Posted by DADES on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 4:20 PM
  • I just seen an interview with this girl that won the million dollar lottery, she feels in her mind that she deserves the food stamps even after winning the lottery typical of that younger generation "you owe me".

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 4:33 PM
  • All in all , it's a sad case . Millions of people do need temporary assistance to get back on their feet . Just because one dizzy broad is dumb as a box of rocks doesn't mean everyone on Government assistance are dizzy like her .

-- Posted by ~~Rick on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 4:43 PM

Excellent post Rick.

-- Posted by DADES on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 4:47 PM
  • Rick: You probably expressed my opinion better than I did.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 5:04 PM
  • Rick: That is the media of today they will do anything to get a story so they can increase the advertising dollars, that includes the local media as well.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 6:33 PM
  • Great post Rick.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Wed, Mar 7, 2012, at 6:38 PM
  • We regret...

The republicans controll congres...yet no wellfare reform.

When Bush was in office, no wellfare reform.

The last time we had wellfare reform, Clinton was president.

Wellfare is no a liberal issue. Its a conservative issue.

One of my cheif complaints with conservatives is they blaim everything on the liberals. Even crap that is there fault.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Thu, Mar 8, 2012, at 5:11 PM
  • The republicans controll congres...yet no wellfare reform.

The Republicans control the House, unfortunately Democrats control the Senate. As evidenced today, they continue to vote against Republican sponsored ideas. According to the news this evening, Obama encourages them to do so.

-- Posted by InReply on Thu, Mar 8, 2012, at 5:39 PM
  • The young lady who won the lottery is a prime example of what happens when there are loopholes in the rules governing any program which provides money or services. Smart (notice I did not say honest) people will find ways to benefit.

-- Posted by InReply on Thu, Mar 8, 2012, at 5:43 PM
  • The young lady who won the lottery is a prime example of what happens when there are loopholes in the rules governing any program which provides money or services. Smart (notice I did not say honest) people will find ways to benefit.

-- Posted by InReply on Thu, Mar 8, 2012, at 5:43 PM

I think people are always going to find loopholes.

And lets be honest, this woman committed fraud.

I just wish there were better means to punish those who abuse public assistance.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Fri, Mar 9, 2012, at 2:25 PM
  • lumbrgfktr

Welfare concerns are everyone's problems , not just Conservatives .

It will take everyone working together as a country to solve these problems .

BTW , this woman lost her welfare benefits yesterday for not reporting income every month as required by State Law .

-- Posted by ~~Rick on Fri, Mar 9, 2012, at 2:35 PM

I agree that is everyone's problem. Which was what I was getting at with my poorly worded post earlier.

And you are correct that it takes everyone working togetther, which is why I referenced clinton (with a republican congress) as the last time we had wellfare reform.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Fri, Mar 9, 2012, at 2:42 PM
  • The last time we had welfare reform, Clinton was president.

The republicans control congress...yet no welfare reform.

The Personal Responsibility bill was Republican. Clinton was a good prez. I voted for him.

Did you forget about H.R. 1167? Welfare Reform Act of 2011

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Mar 11, 2012, at 8:43 PM
  • Did you forget about H.R. 1167? Welfare Reform Act of 2011

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Mar 11, 2012, at 8:43 PM

Yes, the personal responsibility bill was republican. And approved by a democratic president. That was kind of my point. Which is why I mentioned it earlier.

I remember something about the bill. What is the update on it? I agreed with a majority of it.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Mon, Mar 12, 2012, at 11:08 AM

Respond to this thread