Speak Out: Hemp Oil

Posted by no1netfan on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 9:33 AM:

It's really something how all these states legalize pot for people to smoke for sickness.They smoke it,but they need to ingest it and it will cure them.Why not tell the people the real truth and stop letting people die for no reason except that there is so much greed in the cancer industry.When we finally start using the pot to cure all these big drug companys will just fade away and people will be cured and go on working like it should be.Run From The Cure by Rick Simpson.Is it because a college graduate didn't come up with it.But it was a graduate in 1974 when they found out about it here in the states.Ingesting the stuff isn't going to get you high,just cure you.

Replies (14)

• Well, I was certainly not aware that hemp oil was a cure for any sickness. Seems you have been watching "Rick Simpson's Run From The Cure". I've seen it and I wouldn't put much faith in any of those testimonials. Hemp oil has its benefits but it is no cure for cancers.

-- Posted by GREYWOLF on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 9:56 AM
  • Ditto

-- Posted by Rick* on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 10:31 AM
  • I recall years ago that sassafrass tea was supose to cure something or other. I forgot what. Apparently it did, I'm still living or I haver had "something or other" in the first place.

Oh, I remember..the common cold!

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 10:44 AM
  • One fact in respect to commerial drugs is oftern overlooked. If a naturally growing plant or common substance can cure or benefit without a patented or copyrighted process, it is hard to make big money on it.

The original Americans used a lot of herbal medicines that worked and drug companies have created sythetic versions to sell because of patent rights while disclaiming the results of natural medicines as folklore.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 11:35 AM
  • Sorry to blow your entire premise here but you're 100% wrong! Ingesting hemp WILL get you high, it just takes longer. In Canada medicinal hemp users aren't allowed to smoke it and will lose their permit if caught doing so. Medicinal hemp there is cooked into "butter" and eaten. According to every news story I've seen about it being done this way it gets you VERY high and for a longer time.

-- Posted by Data48 on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 12:19 PM
  • Wasn't ingesting hemp to get high the whole concept behind Hemp Brownies, and Cambodia's famous 'Happy Pizza'?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 12:33 PM
  • Hemp is not marijuana. Although both hemp and marijuana are categorized as Cannabis Sativa, marijuana has an average potency of 5-15% THC (the chemical substance which gives marijuana its psychoactive properties) whereas hemp has less than 0.3%THC. At this concentration, hemp has no psychoactive properties.

Both however are illegal in this Country. Hemp could be a huge industry if legalized not to mention a great tax base. Instead products made from hemp are imported from foreign countries. I find this ridiculous. Clothing made from the hemp plant are very durable and its other uses are numerous. The oils extracted from "marijuana" when ingested, certainly WILL give you a much better and longer lasting "buzz" then smoking it. Many medical marijuana users prefer ingesting over smoking. Much less stress on the lungs.

-- Posted by GREYWOLF on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 12:43 PM
  • It might seem like I'm being argumentative today but you're wrong too Greywolf. Marijuana is simply the Spanish word for hemp, not a different plant. The THC percentage differences you're talking about are between regular hemp and hemp that's been cultivated and "tweaked" to increase the psychoactive properties. They're both Cannabis Sativa, the same plant. One's just stronger than the other.

-- Posted by Data48 on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 1:57 PM
  • The original Americans used a lot of herbal medicines that worked

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 11:35 AM

we still do...

i was under the opinion hemp was rope material and marijuana was herbal material .

-- Posted by Rick* on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 2:05 PM
  • Duh... Let's see... Uhh... What were we blogging about?

-- Posted by Hugh M Bean on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 2:08 PM
  • As I recall, hemp rope is made from the fibrous stalk, whereas the medicinal and recreational drugs are generally made from the leaves. Hemp oil is normally extracted from the seeds.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 2:19 PM
  • Hunter

i believe the buds have more medicinal and recreational drug bang for the buck then leaves .

-- Posted by Rick* on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 2:34 PM
  • Rick,

Could be.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 3:44 PM
  • Yo Rick, you are correct, this bud's for you...

-- Posted by Hawker on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 3:50 PM

Respond to this thread