Speak Out: Those mean ol' farmers may get out of line.

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, May 15, 2014, at 2:20 PM:

"Dept of Agriculture Orders Submachine Guns with 30 Round Magazines"

This is either for when they have to stop the Food Stamps when they run out of money or making sure my rows are straight.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/05/14/Dept-Of-Agriculture-Orders-Su...

Replies (38)

• I didn't know that the US Department of AGRICULTURE was a "law enforcement agency".

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, May 15, 2014, at 2:59 PM
  • That was my thoughts Dug.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, May 15, 2014, at 3:02 PM
  • Maybe they need to thin out some Nevada Tortious to make room for some green energy production. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, May 15, 2014, at 5:00 PM
  • There is a certain Division of the USDA that do criminal investigations.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Thu, May 15, 2014, at 5:46 PM
  • I thought they gave out land credits, checked out farming methods, assist with building/planning ponds, water runoff, help with erosion issues, ran on a budget approved by congress. In all my years I have never seen a USDA office bring in guns. Ever.

What is the FBI for? Or the local sheriff?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, May 15, 2014, at 5:47 PM
  • Dug, there shouldn't even be a Dept. of Agriculture. They've even been known to give out home loans. Just more bureaucracy....This country is becoming a joke.

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, May 15, 2014, at 6:13 PM
  • USDA covers a lot of stuff but they are not law enforcement. Some subsidiaries of USDA may be.

Things have changed a lot since the constitution said we would have no federal police. Might have started with U.S. Marshals and a particular Supreme Court that ushered in the early liberal course long before the one today's history recognizes as the progressive era.

It all comes together. Saving endangered fish means controlling water sometimes to the point of drought and flooding, shutting down commerce in the name of climate change, eminent domain for tax revenue, forced participation in a medical insurance scheme, crisis creation within our infrastructure and of course manipulation of representation through immigration policies and big money politics. There is also the expanded authority of the PATRIOT Act.

It takes an ignorant society not to understand the limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those oppressed.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, May 15, 2014, at 6:23 PM
  • OJ, the "liberals" on here will tell you all of that is for the greater good....They could care less about the constitution or limited government.

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, May 15, 2014, at 6:27 PM
  • why don't you tell us about the fraud mic.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, May 15, 2014, at 7:49 PM
  • Is the Inspector General part of the USDA?

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, May 15, 2014, at 7:52 PM
  • The office of the Inspector General researches fraud in those areas, for example. -- Posted by miccheck on Thu, May 15, 2014, at 7:46 PM

You mean like an auditor? An accountant with a machine gun? Really?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, May 15, 2014, at 9:04 PM
  • Not sure if there is any need for machine guns for investigation nor do I see need for armored military vehicles for local law enforcement.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, May 15, 2014, at 9:06 PM
  • Another governmental agency with weapons to control the masses. Farmers sure are a mean bunch of terrorists bent on killing the citizens with fat loaded produce, save us Michelle from these fat food producing terrorists.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Thu, May 15, 2014, at 9:18 PM
  • The health care industry and now the food industry. And yet there is still people who won't question the federal government...

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, May 15, 2014, at 9:59 PM
  • Geez

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, May 16, 2014, at 6:32 AM
  • What a load of crap!!...keep trying to grab that carrot.

-- Posted by BonScott on Fri, May 16, 2014, at 7:15 AM
  • Just think about all of those killings and robberies that go on in our National Forests...

-- Posted by BonScott on Fri, May 16, 2014, at 7:16 AM
  • As mentioned USDA covers forestry etc. and OIG: http://usda.gov/oig/index.htm

-- Posted by 356 on Fri, May 16, 2014, at 7:21 AM
  • -- Posted by 356 on Fri, May 16, 2014, at 7:27 AM
  • -- Posted by RickŪ on Fri, May 16, 2014, at 7:47 AM

Legalization will happen to one extent or the other and that may help with the illegal cultivation in National Forests, but drug cartels are involved in more than marijuana.

Fast and Furious had some "Assault Style" firearms, but not "Assault Weapons as they are select fire, 3 shot bursts or semi or full automatic.

The guns were not illegal, how they were procured and sold and where they went were.

-- Posted by 356 on Fri, May 16, 2014, at 8:21 AM
  • No wonder there are so many government workers, every agency has their own police force....why not consolidate these different agencies police forces under The Department of Homeland Security and save the taxpayers some money.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, May 16, 2014, at 9:13 AM
  • I thought the DEA handled the Mary Jane operations.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, May 16, 2014, at 9:21 AM
  • -- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, May 16, 2014, at 9:21 AM

Several agencies are involved in drug law enforcement. Oftentimes they will operate in joint investigations or enforcement.

Another interesting link:

http://blogs.usda.gov/tag/marijuana/

-- Posted by 356 on Fri, May 16, 2014, at 10:05 AM
  • -- Posted by Dratgud on Fri, May 16, 2014, at 12:04 PM

So has the Dept. Of Education, but that's unconstitutional as well.

-- Posted by BonScott on Fri, May 16, 2014, at 12:59 PM
  • Weed, New Mexico-ha! Funny name!

-- Posted by ssnkemp on Sat, May 17, 2014, at 6:06 AM
  • Rick, I read somewhere about the riff between Missouri farmers and the manipulation of water flow and retention on the Missouri river to accommodate fish and wildlife.

Too much retention increases flooding during periods of a lot of rainfall and starves downward streams during dry times.

Also, new rules give government control over any water that makes it way into rivers and wetlands.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, May 17, 2014, at 9:47 AM
  • The government is taking over their rightful place from God in controlling the universe. They will do a much better job.... rest assured.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sat, May 17, 2014, at 10:06 AM
  • Has this got anything to do with the supplying of ridiculous amounts of arms and ammunition to the various government agencies.

Could it be a master plan coming together.

http://www.creators.com/opinion/joseph-farah/obama-s-civilian-national-security-...

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sat, May 17, 2014, at 10:12 AM
  • If the government can go to all the trouble with gates and fences against Americans seems like they could do a better job of keeping the illegals from crossing the border.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sat, May 17, 2014, at 12:37 PM
  • Does make you wonder doesn't it Semo471?

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sat, May 17, 2014, at 12:43 PM
  • Considering all the law agencies of all different jurisdictions, we already have a large "civilian national security force".

And jurisdictions are overlapping more every day, even blending. How many jurisdictions and agencies were involved in the recent murder-bank robbery in Cairo?

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, May 17, 2014, at 7:34 PM
  • The American hunters are the largest Army in the world and are self funded which Obama tried to muzzle with his new gun control rhetoric .

-- Posted by RickŪ on Sun, May 18, 2014, at 9:42 AM

Well Rick I do not often disagree with you but I am a hunter and I have no intention of ever being a part of any mans army, militia or whatever it is called.

-- Posted by Therealworld on Sun, May 18, 2014, at 7:02 PM
  • More to worry about than mean old farmers, we got dangerous veterans to think about.

http://www.infowars.com/police-now-armed-for-war-against-returning-veterans/

Ok, I can see that the headline is reaching a bit, but as we discussed earlier, if you distrust government and law enforcement because of what you saw in the aftermath of Katrina you might wonder if this is a good idea.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, May 18, 2014, at 11:52 PM
  • OJ

The crooked cops there had a field day. We were allowed to carry out guns while working down there. Their had to be on us or at no more than arms reach away. It was the wild west there.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, May 19, 2014, at 7:25 AM
  • Regret, I was referring to the cops confiscating guns.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, May 19, 2014, at 9:43 AM
  • Oops sorry OJ.

Yes Eddie Compass decided he was going to disarm everyone. They even stormed the house of a woman to confiscate her pistol. They ended up breaking her shoulder and then drug her to jail. When that got out NOLA decided they were reaching too far.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, May 19, 2014, at 5:40 PM
  • I would think a militia would be voluntary and not mandatory . Mandatory would be the USA Military Draft.-- Posted by RickŪ on Mon, May 19, 2014, at 3:46 PM

Rick: It could be similar what happen during the American Civil War when the Home Guards were local militia raised from Union loyalists.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, May 19, 2014, at 8:07 PM
  • Regret, Was it ever decided who authorized that?

semo. If I recall correctly my history, the militia of Missouri in place to support a neutral state were routed by federal forces. Whatever they called themselves the new federal militia were illegitimate except in the history books written by the victors.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, May 19, 2014, at 10:19 PM

Respond to this thread