Speak Out: Watch out Bank Robbers. Bank President is packing.

Posted by Rational.Thought on Wed, Oct 31, 2012, at 11:53 AM:

Pretty cool story.

I wonder if any cape pres do the same thing.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/president-of-troy-mo-bank-pu...

Replies (5)

• A great story. I'm just curious - does the bank, like most banks, have a sign prohibiting the carrying of firearms? I'm sure that doesn't apply to the president, just curious.

Again, a great story. Good for him.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Oct 31, 2012, at 12:03 PM
  • A great story. I'm just curious - does the bank, like most banks, have a sign prohibiting the carrying of firearms? I'm sure that doesn't apply to the president, just curious.

Again, a great story. Good for him.

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Oct 31, 2012, at 12:03 PM

I wondered the same thing. Its probably left up to the local board/president.

I am assuming most do simply becasue of the liability indications.

-- Posted by Rational.Thought on Wed, Oct 31, 2012, at 12:06 PM
  • I'm waiting for the bleeding hearts to explain how the robber's civil rights were infringed upon.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Oct 31, 2012, at 12:15 PM
  • Rick,

That banker made one mistake. When the perp stuck his hand in his pocket as if going for a gun, the talking part should have been over. At minimum the perp should have spent the rest of his life walking with a limp.

If the robber had a gun there could easily have been a funeral in Troy about Friday or Saturday.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Oct 31, 2012, at 1:46 PM
  • The way I understand it, the banker posed by the sign announcing it was a conceal carry establishment.

Reminds me of a movie in which the railroad men came to offer payment for folks to get out and allow the road to be built. The old lady asked if she could pray about it silently and did. Then she said the Lord told her it was her decision to sell or bury'em out back. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Oct 31, 2012, at 6:26 PM

Respond to this thread