Speak Out: Australians learn a lesson the hard way

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Sep 21, 2012, at 9:41 AM:

If Obama wins another 4 you can count on his flexibility to try a firearms ban. I'm sure the liberals think different.

Replies (28)

• Interesting isn't it?

Brings to mind the slogan... when guns are banned, only criminals will have guns.

The tighter the liberals make the gun laws the worse crime becomes... and they are too stupid to see it. Or maybe that is their end game?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Sep 21, 2012, at 9:58 AM
  • BC,

Do you think we could dig a tunnel between your cave in Bollinger County and mine? It would only be about 3 miles as the crow flies, or the mole crawls.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Sep 21, 2012, at 10:01 AM
  • I will be happy to build a pole barn with a fridge full of beer in the middle so you can have a beer stop.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Sep 21, 2012, at 10:06 AM
  • This must have stated with gun registration laws otherwise how would they know who to arrest for not turning in guns. I'll have no guns of any kind to turn in if that happens here. (;-)

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Sep 21, 2012, at 10:08 AM
  • This is an old shotgun certificate for the UK. Notice line 17. Just wait for a knock at the door.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Sep 21, 2012, at 10:20 AM
  • Stupid people!!!!!

-- Posted by howdydoody on Fri, Sep 21, 2012, at 11:03 AM
  • Stupid people!!!!! -- Posted by howdydoody on Fri, Sep 21, 2012, at 11:03 AM

You and I finally agree on something. Stupid people that would support a politician that would try and limit gun rights. Hmmm.... which candidate would that be in the US and who would be the stupid people that support them?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Sep 21, 2012, at 11:05 AM
  • BC,

I'm all for the grant, and I like Regrets idea of the beer stop. Have to make sure he isn't in the Dry Creek Flood Zone to qualify for the grant though.

Speaking of the 'Knock at the Door'..... had a conversation just yesterday from a former Bollinger Countian who has been in the Pharmaceutical business for years. He was so damned mad he could have chewed nails. He just got through with an FDA Inspection of his business, which from what I could gather is routine. They hung around for most of a week, asking redundant questions and making repeated questions for the same information.

He told me he was sick and tired of the BS, with constantly increasing regulation and demands, and is thinking of just closing the doors and retiring years after he could have, and for his own peace of mind, should have.

The government has hoards of these kinds of thugs with nothing better to do than harrass people... so don't bet you wouldn't see a door to door thing with people like Obama at the top and pushing it.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Sep 21, 2012, at 11:10 AM
  • Stupid people!!!!!

-- Posted by howdydoody on Fri, Sep 21, 2012, at 11:03 AM

Howdy,

Look in the mirror and do a little reading and maybe you will get a fix on where the "stupid people" are.

Some of us don't let Union Bosses or Political Parties make our decisions for us. I have never mentally sworn blind allegiance to any of these b******s and am too old to start now.

My thinking may be flawed but I will vote for who I feel will prevent the most damaging candidate from reaching office. And Obama is the most flawed candidate by far and Romney, while a damned far piece from being perfect, has the only chance of keeping Obama from another damaging term in office.

You may like it or lump it but that is where I am coming from and I will go to the polls and vote if I am still physically able to in November.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Sep 21, 2012, at 11:20 AM
  • Wheels, Anytime gov inspectors inspect, they feel they need to find something, not to feel they earned their wage, but to impress the boss and justify their importance.

I recently saw two men fired just to please government inspectors flouting authority.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Sep 21, 2012, at 11:31 AM
  • Old John,

I love this Country, but am finding it easier and easier to hate government.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Sep 21, 2012, at 11:33 AM
  • Spaniard, So this means you now think government taking away guns from law abiding citizens is bad?

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Sep 21, 2012, at 1:22 PM
  • Don't see any difference in the 2.

obama's no fool. Hasn't chimed for more gun control since the day he was elected because he wants to be elected again this Nov. (and he will be)

The assault on gun owners will begin after the election.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Fri, Sep 21, 2012, at 1:37 PM
  • Mitt vs. Obama on guns... -- Posted by Spaniard on Fri, Sep 21, 2012, at 12:56 PM

Let's see... I could reply with this- "The Raw Story (often shortened to Rawsto) is a progressive Internet news publication founded by John K. Byrne and later joined by Larisa Alexandrovna" or this from another source of yours - the democratic underground: "It seems that Raw Story would rather have attention for lying than for telling the truth. Oh well. If you read Raw Story, please write them and ask them to be honest in their reporting."

OR

I could could find out from people that know about gun rights -

In '94 Romney supported the Brady Bill. As governor of Mass. in '05 he declared "The Right to Bear Arms Day" in Massachusetts in order to "honor law-abiding citizens and their right to 'use firearms in defense of their families, persons, and property for all lawful purposes, including common defense."

Obama's statements on gun control - they're out there and plenty in favor of more gun restrictions and control. Of course Eric Holder had this to say regarding gun control: "We have to do this every day of the week and just really brainwash people into thinking about guns in a vastly different way."

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Sep 21, 2012, at 2:59 PM
  • Send Obama and Holder to Australia... oh and take Obama's wife with them. America cannot afford the lavish tastes she grew up with.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Sep 21, 2012, at 3:09 PM
  • Send Obama and Holder to Australia... oh and take Obama's wife with them. America cannot afford the lavish tastes she grew up with.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Sep 21, 2012, at 3:09 PM
  • Dang it.... another double dribble.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Sep 21, 2012, at 3:11 PM
  • I wish I had a cave. :(

-- Posted by dchannes on Fri, Sep 21, 2012, at 3:17 PM
  • Keep in mind that it is believed that as many as 3 supreme court justices will retire in the next 4 years. obama's 2 justices Sotomeyer and Kaegan (sp) are both under the belief that the 2nd amendment does not apply to individuals. No reason to believe the next 2 to 3 justices he nominates during his next term will not also be anti second amendment judges.

The assault on individual ownership of guns begins in November after obamas re-election.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Fri, Sep 21, 2012, at 4:32 PM
  • Ike,

Well we know how you feel about Romney. Now how about you sing Obama's praises... if you can think of anything to praise him for.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Sep 21, 2012, at 6:30 PM
  • Mitt doesn't support the Brady Bill.

Mitt doesn't support a ban on assault weapons.

Mitt won't sign an assault weapons ban.

Isn't this what you liberals call "evolving" on an issue? Like Obama and gay marriage? cutting the deficit in half his first term? keeping unemployment below 8%? improving our relationship with the arabs and muslims?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Sep 21, 2012, at 7:24 PM
  • BC,

Modern Europeans, and the citizens of their colonies, are descendents of people that did not have the good sense to leave that mess behind like our anscestors did. I think submission is deeply engraved into their DNA. The only way Americans would disarm is voluntarily. I don't see that happening.

-- Posted by Rick Vandeven on Fri, Sep 21, 2012, at 8:39 PM
  • I oppose gun control and any elected official that supports it.

I have wondered for years, why do we send some 500 odd idiots to Washington each year to make more and more laws. Don't we already have enough frigging laws in this country? Not to mention those on the various state levels.

Then we label these 'enlightened' government agents unproductive when they don't produce a whole passel of new laws that will go largely ignored by the masses and selectively enforced by our hired hands.

I think this country is screwed up in the head.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Sep 22, 2012, at 9:43 AM
  • Wheels,

A 100 year moritorium on the passage of any new laws would be a welcome development. The only reason CONgress should be in session these days is to repeal laws.

-- Posted by Rick Vandeven on Sat, Sep 22, 2012, at 10:15 AM
  • BC,

90 million folks who can think for themselves vs. 240 million zombies? I like those odds.

-- Posted by Rick Vandeven on Sat, Sep 22, 2012, at 10:17 AM
  • I thought GHW Bush denounced his NRA membership after they likened the FBI to jack booted thugs.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Sep 22, 2012, at 11:42 AM
  • Just came from the gun show at the Show Me Center. Hundreds of guns and knives, thousands of rounds of ammo, dozens of anti-obama t-shirts and pro 2nd amendment bumper stickers and hundreds of gun toting God fearing USA loving Rednecks.....Never felt safer!!

-- Posted by dab1969 on Sat, Sep 22, 2012, at 12:51 PM
  • If they were there it was undercover. Thought I saw donacita flopping around in the parking lot trying to park a Toyota Prius.

-- Posted by dab1969 on Sat, Sep 22, 2012, at 1:13 PM

Respond to this thread